First buid finished

Associate
Hi again, just thought ide give you all a look at my first pc build, if i can figure out how to put some pics on here :p
Sorry about the photo quallity as i dont have a camera so the pics are off my phone.

Fractal Design refine R2 case
Asus M4A79T Delux mobo
AMD Phenum 2 x4 955 cpu
CooliT eco
HIS Radeon 4850 icooler 1gig
4gig Corsair dominators 1600mhz
iCute 500w modular psu
pioneer DVD-RW

th_IMG_0203.png

My case is a Fractal Design R2

Titaniun front with blue power button/eSATA/USBx2/audio jacks, with 2 more closed off vents(for quietness) at the rear that could take 140mm fans.

Side intake vents work great

2 120mm exhaust fans in push/pull config for the Eco

2 Silent intake fans.

7 White expantion slots

All fitted out

Close up of the CooliT eco

everything went in smooth as a nut and booted up first time, the only problem i seam to have is the 4gig of corsair 1600mhz dominators only want to run at 1333mhz, is this because i havent overclocked the cpu? ive ran memtest with no errors so im a bit stuck now. any advice as to what i can try next would be great. hope you like it!
now i need a good camera lol.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Very nice setup. I'm looking at getting the Fractal Design R2 but I might wait until the R3 is available (whenever that might be). I believe the issue with the ram will be something to do with the settings in the Bios but not sure how to correct it but I'm sure someone will be along soon to help :)

Associate
everything went in smooth as a nut and booted up first time, the only problem i seam to have is the 4gig of corsair 1600mhz dominators only want to run at 1333mhz, is this because i havent overclocked the cpu? ive ran memtest with no errors so im a bit stuck now. any advice as to what i can try next would be great. hope you like it!
now i need a good camera lol.

I am having the same problem to be honest. This is my first build too, all working good except my RAM isnt running at 1600mhz which is what it's advetised at and the reason I bought it.

I was told by a friend to increase the Bus Clock or Base Clock in the BIOS (Not good with some tech) from 133 to 160 and it worked.

Only problem is I got 1 blue screen and I tried running the FFXIV Benchmark to see if it made a difference and there was no video but only sound, then my computer shut itself down.

Do I need to tweak anymore settings in BIOS?

Associate
OP
Last edited:
Associate
I am having the same problem to be honest. This is my first build too, all working good except my RAM isnt running at 1600mhz which is what it's advetised at and the reason I bought it.

I was told by a friend to increase the Bus Clock or Base Clock in the BIOS (Not good with some tech) from 133 to 160 and it worked.

Only problem is I got 1 blue screen and I tried running the FFXIV Benchmark to see if it made a difference and there was no video but only sound, then my computer shut itself down.

Do I need to tweak anymore settings in BIOS?

I think people might have missed this question I asked. I'de really appreciate some help =)

Back
Top Bottom