First house :) some improvements

Soldato
OP
The other half did this the other day. Was over growen and full of weeds!!
4D4DEE1E-CDD8-4A2A-ADCA-B57E60090651_zpswbbsy4ir.jpg

just can't afford the stones and plants lol or wont stop raining so we can paint it :/ flipping norn Iron weather

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I think after 5 years it's time for an update!!! Not sure if the photos about are still viewable for you guys still but I can still see them.

Well I had planned on having my mancave finished but since then the woman over 4 years ago give me the news that we were expecting our 3 child so lost my man cave!! and the little one has been doing her best running around the house trying to wreck the hard work we put in lol

Lets start off with the side of the house which the backdoor leads onto.

The plants have exploded this year and quite a bit of trimming needs to happen. The fence has been power washed and is in the process of getting painted with oil paint.

FB-IMG-1591788351444.jpg

The back garden not much done here but veggie patch and plan on building a log cabin for my new mancave.The vegi patch now is the whole way along the back fence and that slabs have been removed.
IMG-3679.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
After we moved in 5 years ago the windows and doors needed replaced but we just could not afford to do them but they continued to get worse and some rooms I could fit my fingertips in the seals. The radiators also needed to replaced. So we worked hard to pay off debt to get into more debt ^^.

I don’t have a fancy job but work for just over the min wage and the other half has crones and fibromyalgia so only my wage & tax credits. Saying that she probably does more work around the house than I do at work lol.

So this year we got all the radiators replaced with TVR values so I can install my Tado system that I have been picking up on black Fridays. This year I should be finished with the heating as I need 4 more smart values. The radiator’s are nothing fancy.

The rads

Tado

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
New windows and doors :)

It was quite nice having a company come in and do the job from start to finish for a change lol. We opted for the white woodgrain effect throughout the house apart from the front door.

Front door

Back

Patio

The living room and kicthen windows look like this

The rest

I'm very much looking forward to the winter!! Bring it on

Soldato
OP
Now to the batroom. I put about 50 hours into this around my work and covid delayed it.

Before
Yes indeed this did start around last Halloween

Good god think I spent two days on the floor and I can still feel the vibrations in my hands lol

Installed a new fan and light and the other half repaired the ceiling

Soldato
OP
Well my dad is in his late 60’s with 2 oozing disks in his back and recently had a blood clot in his leg but still wanted to do the tiling. So I did the labour and he did the cutting and tiling. There were times I was holding him up the step ladder and picking him up off the ground when he could not manged to get back up!!.

He’s freaking superman in my eyes lol

Plumbers came round for the final fit midweek and I just hung the bathroom door back on yesterday and replaced the locks and hinges with new shinny ones

Totally chuffed on how it turned out. We originally planed to refurb the on suite at the same time but the budget was tight so just decided to finish the bathroom with the highest standard we could afford.

Soldato
OP
Nowhere near enough uplifting slogans and no corner sofa. Am disappoint.

Not going to lie. I want that OCUk badge of honour so bad but the other half wanted none of it. This is what we ended up with. There still a chance though as the little one is doing a good job of ruining the sofa :p

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Cracking tiling job by your dad much better than what you pulled out :eek: may as well have trowelled the wall tiles with so many dot and dabs :D

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
5 years in and still enjoying reading this thread bud. Doing a tremendous job and kudos to your Dad for doing the tiling in the bathroom. I tiled our kitchen, but for me the bathroom almost feels off limits to me. It looks superb.

Associate
House looks great, really tasteful upgrades. Where abouts is it just out of interest? I'm in Lisburn at the moment but have an offer in for a new house near Jordanstown.

Soldato
OP
Cheers guys :) will try and update more regularly. We were going to pick thoses in style pattern bathroom tiles but decided against it and went with natural looking tiles. We figured natural looking materials doesn't age.
There's still a ton of work left to do and the house was only rebuild in 1994. (Replacement dwelling). Guess it's just the joy of owning a home lol.
House looks great, really tasteful upgrades. Where abouts is it just out of interest? I'm in Lisburn at the moment but have an offer in for a new house near Jordanstown.
Just outside Portadown near the Birches M1 roundabout. Very quite apart
the farmer's driving over my kerbs!!!!

Soldato
OP
@Bigpig What are the dimensions of your bathroom, I have got two to do and our upstairs one looks very similar to yours (small) ?

It’s roughly 7x7

Was a little worried about the stand alone bath feeling a little bit to big and crammed in with the Sink unit so went for the 500m wide instead of 600m In all honestly it feels as if the bathroom is bigger than before.

Soldato
It’s roughly 7x7

Was a little worried about the stand alone bath feeling a little bit to big and crammed in with the Sink unit so went for the 500m wide instead of 600m In all honestly it feels as if the bathroom is bigger than before.

Its looks great, unfortunately ours is 1.7m x 1.6m so a fair bit smaller!

Back
Top Bottom