First PC build, need an advice

Associate
Soon i'm about to build my first PC which will be mainly used for gaming and possible future upgrades. I've chosen couple parts already , some are still missing and i need help with it. I'm new to the whole thing ofc and when it comes to my budget i'd like it to be around 1,5k.

Parts that i've chosen:
GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8GB

CPU: i7 7700K

Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming M6 or M3 (need help)

Things that i'm not sure with:
Power Supply: CORSAIR VS650 650W 80 Plus (is it good enough? i think so but not sure)

Rest: I'm also not sure about rest of the things so you guys could help me out with that. I've also heard this CPU has really high temps. So what kind of cooler would do it?

Last edited:
Don't buy any of those things.
Wait for coffee lake and make a decision then, that is the next gen of mainstream Intel chips. Coming end of August (supposedly).
You should also consider AMD Ryzen 8 cores and 6 cores. They don't quite keep up with Intel for gaming (who knows, in the future things may be better optimized for AMD) right now but they are strong performers at a good price.

Wait for coffee lake definitely if you want to go intel and go Z370, not 270.

Hi and welcome to the forums. :)

The psu is rubbish. The VS series is the rock bottom of Corsairs range and is full of cheap third rate internals. As above, wait until the end of the month when coffeelake has been launched and post your budget and someone will spec you a build. No doubt you will be steered towards a AMD Ryzen build though.

Back
Top Bottom