Fishing - Anybody doing any ?

Soldato
Hehe yup.

GT knot.. works well but because of the figure of 8 knot with 80lb shock leader, it's caught in the rings a couple of times.

Soldato
Always dangerous. These days I just take enough cash for what I need plus a little extra in case I see something. I went in today with £40 and spent £21 so that was ok. I just love tackle shops, I even love the smell of them!

Internet tackle shopping is getting to be a bit of a problem, can't really limit myself :D

It is!

I have just done it again. Ended up grabbing a Fox Warrior XL fishing seat, Maver tackle backpack and few other little bits and bobs that i have realised i need.

It certainly adds up doesn't it! I have spent a fortune, well compared to what i thought i would spend anyway. Think i have got everything i need for now though.

Proper impressed with the Maver tackle backpack:

qKvmBQg.jpg
Cx8iK53.jpg
4756GW8.jpg

Bargain for £25, given the quality of it.

Also decided to buy some decent boilies, gone with 'Sticky' Krill boilies 16mm. Should hopefully help me bag some decent carp.

Soldato
Managed to get out this evening for a couple of hours and managed to bag 3 nice carp, 1 mirror and 2 common:

lRNcLxQ.jpg
2FxvE1r.jpg
6zpLZxf.jpg

They certainly liked the boilies i posted above. Great evening :)

Man of Honour
Too busy :p

I did catch a little baby smooth hound (literally about the size of a hand ~8").

that seems to have been my average size at Selsey this year, only had 2 decent ones (4lb + 8lb) :/
yet last year we were hauling them in down there

when are you down there till?
have you tried a few miles down the coast at Dungeness? very deep water with just a tiny cast, some big Bass have been had down there

Last edited:
Soldato
that seems to have been my average size at Selsey this year, only had 2 decent ones (4lb + 8lb) :/
yet last year we were hauling them in down there

when are you down there till?
have you tried a few miles down the coast at Dungeness? very deep water with just a tiny cast, some big Bass have been had down there

Yup thinking of trying Dungess, got some insider info on that.

Soldato
Low tide from the high tide point.. you can see the the gutter..
photo%2B4.JPG

With Google maps.. ~50-70m.. and 100m gets you to the sand/mud bank beyond.
Screen%2BShot%2B2016-09-23%2Bat%2B10.23.46.png

At high tide.. overcast.
W_OKmx-a5DMCsGQcYoLT7XByz5Z9unmfsfL3mAt8wybDYVxMI8Z07Ewch-U4c9k-VLrdmy-0og=w1680-h1050-no

Ahh better :D
jgchQxebexGwilCbhK1_TRbihgwOsZ5QiEjZCiG3zJWE4iGuXfsDn399xd3Jmyb2gutJiWQ5yw=w1680-h1050-no

New rod happily shoves 150g+1/2 bluey (i.e. big bait), and with 170g you can feel it start loading.. not perfected the distance but considering it's a overhead thump.. that's going a serious way!

Last edited:
Soldato
So with a heavy onshore wind (there's kite surfers and wind surfers going nuts), I got the 6oz and put electrical tape on as a streamer so I could see where I got to..

T02xwkBssCpxgYEo_dSJLsRVH6Ea8dG16icuNJms9-lghA-XURz8pZffEy6IHZlunuCrK14n-w=w1680-h1050-no

I can hit the gutter easily with the heavy wind, I figure that's probably 50-75m range with the sand bank and mud further being 100..

Looking at the side of the beach profile you can see the distances better..
photo%2B4.JPG

Man of Honour
i got a voicemail from you earlier NickK, it said it was 4 mins long.. but all i got was the sound of the inside of your pocket lol

Soldato
Last night - had another little smoothy attempting to eat a whole squid bait with a 4/0 and 2/0 pennel, and a whiting taking the little thin strips of squid on a flattie rig on the little 8ft spinning rod close in (3oz grip lead).

Back home now :/

Man of Honour
Last night - had another little smoothy attempting to eat a whole squid bait with a 4/0 and 2/0 pennel, and a whiting taking the little thin strips of squid on a flattie rig on the little 8ft spinning rod close in (3oz grip lead).

Back home now :/

did you get round to Dungeness in the end?
next summer i might book a few caravan breaks further over that way rather than going to Selsey all the time,
talking of Selsey though, im back down there again soon, looks nice thismorning :cool:

wjrpl.png

Soldato
No - my father-in-law's mobility wouldn't allow the trek from the carpark and across the sand. However it was relaxing and worth it just for that!

Soldato
More boring photos of my evening catches:

Fat Common:
zx9g7DF.jpg

Another Common:
kR7eVF9.jpg

15lb Mirror
PYtBGHZ.jpg

Barble, had a few of these:
bylmFw5.jpg

2lb perch:
Pf6MtI9.jpg

Coul do with a fishing friend so i can get a better photo. Size really doesn't show in the pictures i am taking.

Loving getting back into it though.

Last edited:

J.T

J.T

Soldato
I fished the River Wandle on Sunday morning for an hour or two, had a lovely surprise when this chunky Chub came out. :)

29935760060_aa49475783_z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom