Fishing - Anybody doing any ?

Soldato
A big thank you to Cainer today..
nSRaC8eEnee39mHybo6SSBinBa1Yw65Mbwcje8AJpgR47-PJZww03_6abOduLkwCU7k8rMFGdG6uTrG5MNAsahQg52Y9_63E1-AN=w1680-h1050-no

Man of Honour
shame the fishing was so slow, only had 2 Gurnard the first day :(
i did manage a baby Smooth hound the next day on my first cast so thought i was going to do well.. but that was it, no other bites :/
over the 2 days i fished i lost 5-6 hooks to the crabs, damn bait/hook thieves!

zKryt7t.jpg

p4ydexl.jpg

82OaQBd.jpg

Associate
The Weather has been so windy and rainy here, hard to get out, roll on november onwards for the flounder and cod (if any show up)

Soldato
Moved back to the sticks earlier this year and being a two minute walk to the Thames, thought I would try and get back into fishing. Been a 25 year hiatus!

Just been down to the local shop and spent £150 on a float road, reel, landing net and all the bits I need. Looking forwards to it.

Soldato
Went out boat fishing, from hayling island, on the 26th.. no bait fish around at all.. ended up using frozen/lures. Bass, whiting and right at the end a small conger.

Man of Honour
I might try and get down chesil beach this month, go friday come back sunday
keep an eye on the forcasts,
i think were ging to be seeing a lot of windy weather over the next month as the remnants of the US Hurricanes come our way :/

Associate
keep an eye on the forcasts,
i think were ging to be seeing a lot of windy weather over the next month as the remnants of the US Hurricanes come our way :/
Yeah, that will be just my luck finally get some free time and the weather blows up :p

Soldato
Not done anything in a while.

Happy to see the weather cool a bit and the first signs of Autumn setting in as i have been itching for some quiet pike fishing. I got a bit sick of carp lakes and we seemed to have gotten a huge boom in carp and match style fishermen hit the quiet rivers and streams in the area and although i like the idea of more people fishing, having guys with alarms and buckets of bait every 30 yards ruined the plan of a quiet escape. Seeing so many day ticket style, bait dumping anglers was a bit of a surprise on the little stream offshoots of the Thanes, Mole and Wey.

Associate
I had two good days out on the boats.

On the first day out of Poole I caught, two Tope biggest about 12lbs, and two Conger around the 20lbs mark. Also my first ever Bull Huss which was a fairly hefty 15lbs

On the second day we went out of Weymouth and spent most the day at a Wreck of a WW2 submarine to the west of Portland, I caught 5 Bream to 3lbs, Ballen Wrasse, Dog Fish (lots) x2 Tope biggest 13lbs, Pouting.

Tope1.jpg

BullHuss.jpg

Bream.jpg

Soldato
I may have accidentally'd a Shimano Catana 180cm 3-15g for my birthday.. so that means I have the following 'little' rods:
3-15g 180cm
7-28g 9ft
20-50g 8ft

The little rod is more ultra light and almost LRF..

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Hehe will be a little ultra light for bream in summer..

oh btw ive moved now :o
im ~150mi west of where i was living, im lodging with my mum untill i find a house to buy,
i looked at one today that was just 300m from the beach, but it needed a bit too much work done for my buget :/
going to look at a better one next week thats about 2mi from the beach, where ever i end up il be near the Sea :D
il keep you posted...

Soldato
oh btw ive moved now :o
im ~150mi west of where i was living, im lodging with my mum untill i find a house to buy,
i looked at one today that was just 300m from the beach, but it needed a bit too much work done for my buget :/
going to look at a better one next week thats about 2mi from the beach, where ever i end up il be near the Sea :D
il keep you posted...

Awesome! Was out with the father in law in Dunkerque during the week. Not much happening due to the wind etc..

Man of Honour
Last edited:
Soldato
Back
Top Bottom