Fishing - Anybody doing any ?

Associate
ha ha - I have been angling for around 37 years, and I am a bit nuts about it.....I hate the 4 walls as well.
But even I wont venture out carp fishing in this weather.

Sea fishing next Sunday, that is a different kettle of fish lol

Man of Honour
Too cold for carp in this weather

Maybe for the angler, but not for the fish... you can often catch them at their bigger weights in the winter,
i caught my biggest Carp back in the mid 90's at 48lb 6oz in June, packed full of spawn,
but it came out the middle of winter before at 49lb's as a new lake record

Soldato
You're always welcome to visit me if you want to do a bit of beach fishing, from reading the WSF forums lots of Rays are coming out atm so i really should 'pop across the road' and have a go,
late spring / early summer is best though as lots of Hounds get caught then and they put up a good scrap, so probably a bit late for this year,
also i know it's quite a drive from where you are :(

sounds like a plan! I just started a new job, 3 weeks and already been to San Francisco! So will need to plan once I have built up some holiday time.

Man of Honour
sounds like a plan! I just started a new job, 3 weeks and already been to San Francisco! So will need to plan once I have built up some holiday time.

Welcome any time you like mate, June/July is probably the better time for Fishing

Hope you managed to dodge the Poo and used needles on the streets of SF :p

Soldato
Went out on the channel for the first time since Christmas, fished 2hrs up. One fish on but lost it, nice to see the rod tip buzzing though. Very cold wind blowing in but really enjoyable.

Soldato
Welcome any time you like mate, June/July is probably the better time for Fishing

Hope you managed to dodge the Poo and used needles on the streets of SF :p

hehe it wasn’t that bad - out at Berkeley but shows the bad side of the US system..

turns out that 2 people at the RSA conference tested positive, I ended up with something - the passenger next to me on the flight home had a cough - so after weeks self isolating and coughing a little, it turns out that a work colleague has pleurisy... so at the mo ... all wfh now. The Mrs’ exams have been postponed until nov so will have to see on the lockdown timings. 3m and I’ll be ready for some fishing!

Back
Top Bottom