Fishing - Anybody doing any ?

Associate
I have been busy getting odd jobs done around the house and in the garden.....so I have more weekends free for fishing.
Just hope the weather warms up for a couple of weeks, to kick the carp into life.

Associate
Really looking forward proper sessions again, I cant complain too much at least we've still been allowed to fish, but by the time it comes to pack up time, I feel like I've only just got started.
Yeah same I am looking forward to the new season and hopefully a new Pb as well, Yeah seen day fishing is aloud local but all the ones near me are closed and the place I usually fish Todber Manor is a bit to far to travel. Not fished since week of Christmas so excited to get out again on the 12th April for 48hrs. Yeah that is only thing with day fishing the time goes soo fast and its time to pack up again.

Soldato
They should be getting more active. My Koi are starting to alternate between lazing at the bottom and swimming around a little. They're taking food but it's slow.

Soldato
Out again this Saturday and possibly Sunday, but with almost the entire week so far hitting highs of low-mid teens during the day and forecast for more of the same on Sat, I'm genuinely hoping the fish have started to liven up and get moving. I'm excited to get there and see how the lake is doing, might pop down for a recce tomorrow afternoon when I get finished work and see if I can work out a game plan for the weekend.

Last four sessions have been painfully slow, blanked four on the bounce now. Last session was the most promising, loads of knocks but no serious takes, lets go one better this weekend hopefully. I'll take a tiddler, happily net a 4-5 pounder just to get the year off to a start.

Soldato
Out again this Saturday and possibly Sunday, but with almost the entire week so far hitting highs of low-mid teens during the day and forecast for more of the same on Sat, I'm genuinely hoping the fish have started to liven up and get moving. I'm excited to get there and see how the lake is doing, might pop down for a recce tomorrow afternoon when I get finished work and see if I can work out a game plan for the weekend.

Last four sessions have been painfully slow, blanked four on the bounce now. Last session was the most promising, loads of knocks but no serious takes, lets go one better this weekend hopefully. I'll take a tiddler, happily net a 4-5 pounder just to get the year off to a start.

A cold fish coming out of winter is a little like they're punch drunk. I've seen mine register there's food, slowly move towards it, but then miss actually getting food in their mouths - sometimes as far as an inch away from their mouths!

Soldato
Amazing weather today on the bank! It felt hotter than it was but that glorious sun graced us for most of the day. That being said, session number 5 without a single carp, didnt blank this time though, got an alright sized hybrid that bit off more than it could chew (fell to a 14mm Pineapple popup, bait that only just fit in its mouth), At least it wasnt a bream...:D However, progression, the Carp were up and moving, albeit very lethargic, that midday sun really brought them up and basking away, weren't interested in feeding though, tried zigs and floaters, but other then the odd opportunistic nibble there were no solid takes, they were just chilling and soaking up the rays. But as I say definite progression, thats the first time we've seen them up and about properly this year on that lake.

Booked on for 48hr session on the 29th, cant wait for the first proper session of the year!!!

Back
Top Bottom