Fishing - Anybody doing any ?

Soldato
and then people have the cheek to complain on venues that are cheap not taking into consideration how much it costs for a syndicate that gets hammerred. :D

Some of the things going on with day tickets are amazing, for example at Bluebell you can pay and "upfront cost" of £1100 instead of day tickets, so you basically front your ticket money for the year. In return you basically just mix in with other day ticket anglers, you get no privileges or perks - it's just like paying in advance...

Somebody I know did this, and regretted it - as he was driving down for 3 hours, to discover buckets behind buckets, people sleeping in the travelodge waiting for a swim, he went down 3-4 times and maybe fished a few nights, then gave up...

Permabanned
Some of the things going on with day tickets are amazing, for example at Bluebell you can pay and "upfront cost" of £1100 instead of day tickets, so you basically front your ticket money for the year. In return you basically just mix in with other day ticket anglers, you get no privileges or perks - it's just like paying in advance...

Somebody I know did this, and regretted it - as he was driving down for 3 hours, to discover buckets behind buckets, people sleeping in the travelodge waiting for a swim, he went down 3-4 times and maybe fished a few nights, then gave up...

That actually sounds horrible for a syndicate. :D I'm suprised people not complaining.

Man of Honour
lol :D

And now you have lakes like Bluebell and Norton Disney, where it's like £100 for a few days, and you can't even get a swim.

Just found one of my old 'rule and guide' books for Leisure Sport from the 86/87 season with 'Heather the Leather' on the front,
this must have been from my first season as a member there at Yateley

7VL69nT.jpg

Looking through it i see it covers quite a few lakes including Wraysbury 1 & 2 but no mention of Horton, that must have come a few years later

Last edited:
Soldato
That actually sounds horrible for a syndicate. :D I'm suprised people not complaining.

Yeah it's basically a borderline scam, there was a punch up over a swim last year, apparently the police were called :D

Just found one of my old 'rule and guide' books for Leisure Sport from the 86/87 season with 'Heather the Leather' on the front,
this must have been from my first season as a member there

Man, that's a proper blast from the past! I'd have loved to have been on Yateley back in the day, nowadays a big chunk of it is on the Farnham Angling ticket, and it's rammed!

Man of Honour
Look how thick that rule book is! lol That's an epic find!
Man, that's a proper blast from the past! I'd have loved to have been on Yateley back in the day, nowadays a big chunk of it is on the Farnham Angling ticket, and it's rammed!
50 pages of maps / rules / info /stock records etc for all their lakes,

When my mum moved house a few years ago she game me a box of old comics etc that she'd kept in the loft and this was in there with it, good old mum :)

Man of Honour
I'd have loved to have been on Yateley back in the day

Had some great times down there over the years, for some reason i seem to remember the beginning of the 96 season being the best, can't seem to remember why though..... ;)

Biggest on the complex at the time, Bazil from the North Lake at 48lb 6oz, June 96 :)

Xy3DGqL.jpg

I look forward to hearing of you're adventures down at the Island lake, sounds like a great challenge

Last edited:
Soldato
Had some great times down there over the years, for some reason i seem to remember the beginning of the 96 season being the best, can't seem to remember why though..... ;)

Biggest on the complex at the time, Bazil from the North Lake at 48lb 6oz, June 96 :)

Xy3DGqL.jpg

I look forward to hearing of you're adventures down at the Island lake, sounds like a great challenge

That is stunning.

I remember reading about Bazil in Carpworld back when I was a kid in the 90s, legendary fish!

Associate
Huge shoals of them last night inside Brighton marina, was down Newhaven Harbour today and there was probably 50 people on the arm chucking feathers, silly season has started already:D

Associate
Started on my new syndicate at the weekend, on the Horton Island lake. My first time using a boat, and in 35mph winds at time - it's damn hard work! But I soon got the hang of it after a few near disasters :D

But my god, what an amazing venue.. 65 Acres of Gin clear water, weed beds, snaggy bays, gravel bars, snags, sunken gravel barges, it has it all. Some absolute cracking fish in here, old suttons, 50 year old original fish, with the king of the lake going just over 60lb.

Using a boat is amazing, with an aquascope you can see everything in clear water. Got 2 weeks off to spend here next week, which I can't wait for.

That looks epic, very envious!

How did you get on with packing the boat? I can imagine myself ending up in the lake alongside my gear to be honest if my first attempt at using a barrow some years ago is anything to go by :D.

Managed to get out bank holiday weekend, quick 24 hours at Farlows. Thought I'd been smart in turning up thursday lunch time but day ticket fishing is a joke...60+ swims on the main lake and ~40 of them were taken with the remaining ~20 being the poky little swims that are good for a bite if you know they're there but I couldn't find any. Ended up on the smaller second lake (which was also rammed by evening) and managed an upper double/possible scraper 20 that fought like a demon so better than nothing. It was nice being on the bank anyway, I really like Farlows aside from how busy it is.

Man of Honour
Managed to get out bank holiday weekend, quick 24 hours at Farlows. Thought I'd been smart in turning up thursday lunch time but day ticket fishing is a joke...60+ swims on the main lake and ~40 of them were taken with the remaining ~20 being the poky little swims that are good for a bite if you know they're there but I couldn't find any. Ended up on the smaller second lake (which was also rammed by evening) and managed an upper double/possible scraper 20 that fought like a demon so better than nothing. It was nice being on the bank anyway, I really like Farlows aside from how busy it is.

My brother in law had a 42lb Common from there back in 2015, don't know what lake it was on as i'm not familiar with the place

hZz7j4x.png

Back
Top Bottom