Fitness App/Apple Watch Cosing Exercise Ring

Soldato
Ok, I know this sounds petty and a little bit sad, but I'm two days away from a full year of closing all three rings and I've just realised that on the 16th of June, I only logged 29 minutes on the exercise ring instead of 30.

What's frustrating is, I know I did more than 30mins exercise that day so I'm not sure why it didn't log it or why I didn't notice at the time.

According to some guides online, you can add an activity using the Health app which will count towards your rings. So I added an 'Other' workout for the 16th. It's added the calories to my Move ring but hasn't budged the Exercise ring.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Soldato
OP
I think you're screwed.

I was well over a two year streak when my Apple Watch broke and I had to take it for repair. There was nothing they could do in store and had to send it away. I was livid about losing the streak but in time, I got over it. Mostly.
Bugger. :(

I expected that would be the case but thought I would check.

I can tell the pain is still real. :D

It's just annoying that it's going to be a single minute that scuppers a whole year of perfect rings.

I lost a three-year streak on Grammarly a couple of weeks ago as well.

I think I'm going to try and make a conscious effort to care less about these gamification milestone things!

Soldato
I was in the middle of a decent 3-ring streak (ooer) which was broken because I had to restore my series 3 watch in order to update to a new version of the OS. It took many hours and by that point it was too late for me to close my rings.

From that day on I have refused to be a slave to the watch. I do my exercise, stand when it reminds me and so on, but if I just want a day off, I let it happen and don't get upset at a broken streak.

Commissario
don't get upset at a broken streak.
I'm the same now but that's down to a long period of inactivity when I did my shoulder. Looking back, I had perfect months from July 2016 to November 2019 with just a one month gap due to the broken watch. Slightly amusingly, I did my shoulder on the night of the 30th November so at least I got that month in :D

I do feel for @Irish_Tom though, just two days short of a year.

Soldato
OP
Couple of suggestions; not sure if they will work or not. But:
- Change the date/time of your iPhone, which will change the watch and then re-record a workout to close the ring?
- Manually enter a workout in Health app and put it for the day you're missing?

Further info here: https://ios.gadgethacks.com/how-to/cheat-your-apple-watch-rings-0191261/

I'll give the change date/time thing a go.

I've already tried manually entering a workout in the Health app — it added calories to my move ring but didn't budge the Exercise ring.

If you download something like My Wellness by techno gym, you might be able to add your own results, but I’m not sure if that adds to the exercise part of fitness on the Apple Watch.

That's worth a go as well. I wonder if Strava would sync it.

Back
Top Bottom