Fitness Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Apologies its an old cliche - irrespective of the New Year looming, I have been giving this some thought for months! A genuine question and inspiration on ideas to get fitter?

A bit of background, I am 43, fairly slim but unfit! Waist is currently 33". Commuter so time will be limited. The last time I did genuine exercise (Paintball) muscle ache was a wake up call! Diet could be improved but a none carb/alcohol diet will not happen at this point in time.

The thought of joining a Gym fills me with dread, so looking at alternatives?

Really start with something nondescript like jogging/walking?
Swimming
Martial arts (might be a tad ambitious) to build confidence and work all the muscles point, only the thought of joining a club which is made up of 10-14 year old Bruce Lee's... or way out of my depth.
Bite the bullet and invest in a personal trainer (this would force me to get out).
I tried cycling - I do enjoy, however I gave my last bike away (same with weights) - so would rather avoid ending up in the same scenario.

Associate
OP
Many thanks for the honest answers, very much appreciated.

I painted a worst picture of my diet, which is is not too bad (lots of greens etc) only I do like crusty bread, takeaway and a beer now and again.

I think I can address the diet (always room for improvement) so not too worried. Mainly looking to be fitter overall and toned rather than bulking up; so a lot of these suggestions fit the bill. Will check out some of the recommendations as I have never heard of some; it just goes to show how out of touch! Thanks again all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom