Fitting EF-S lenses to a 10D

Soldato
Nope. You have to cut part of the back of the lens off to get it to fit.

Completely pointless unless you really have to use the 18-55mm on your 10D - it's certainly not worth risking the proper EF-S lenses.

Soldato
Well there's one; the 10-22mm. But you could pick up the Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 for around £200 less or the 12-24mm f/4-5.6 for £100 less.

Associate
OP
so how can sigma produce an EF lens at 10-22 and canon cant (theres a joke in the about the whole cannon can - canon cant i believe :D) - i thought the whole point was that EFS was the only way to produce such wideness because of the back element being so much closer.

im just curious and not about to buy one because i have a 17-40L and thats plenty good/wide enough! its the telephoto end that i am lacking

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
undilutedethics said:
so how can sigma produce an EF lens at 10-22 and canon cant (theres a joke in the about the whole cannon can - canon cant i believe :D) - i thought the whole point was that EFS was the only way to produce such wideness because of the back element being so much closer.

im just curious and not about to buy one because i have a 17-40L and thats plenty good/wide enough! its the telephoto end that i am lacking

The sigma is a DC lens, meaning although its an EF mount it only has an image circle big enough for 1.6x sensors. Its basically their version of EF-S. It fits on full frame bodies but you get massive vignetting.

xolotl said:
The sigma is a DC lens, meaning although its an EF mount it only has an image circle big enough for 1.6x sensors. Its basically their version of EF-S. It fits on full frame bodies but you get massive vignetting.
thats my daily dose of info needed. I was considering this lens but soon I am going full frame.. This would have been a kick in the teeth! Thanks for info

Associate
Phoenix_Cosmos said:
thats my daily dose of info needed. I was considering this lens but soon I am going full frame.. This would have been a kick in the teeth! Thanks for info

Check out the Sigma 15-30 mate (if you don't mind relatively big lenses)

Reasonably wide on a crop body, and still works without vignetting on full frame (has the same FOV as a 10-20 on a crop body, on full frame).

Watch out for light falloff if you're going full frame, though.

Back
Top Bottom