Five-Year-Old Runs 65 km in Seven Hours

Man of Honour
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/02052006/323/india-s-five-year-old-forrest-gump-runs-65-km.html

Budhia Singh, a five year old Indian boy, ran 65 kilometres (40.3 miles) while being supervised by his coach, paramilitary forces, TV crews and an ambulance.

Budhia began the race from a temple in Puri at 4:00 AM and should have finished at the headquarters of the Central Reserve Police Force but he collapsed just 2 km before the finish line.

Budhia’s talent was discovered when his mother sold him and his new father signed him up for judo classes. For being naughty, his teacher, Das, told him to run until he came back. Das was shocked to find Budhia still running when he returned after 5 hours.

Man of Honour
OP
VeNT said:
thats quite good, but how fast are olimpic people at this sort of thing?

An olympic marathon runner can do 26.2 miles in 2hr 7 min which is 4.84 minute miling.

This lad ran 40.3 miles in 7 hours which is 10.42 minute miling.
I've ran 8 marathons and I'm a 10 minute miler for the first 13 miles and then I slow down. He would probably come past me at about 20 miles.

His legs are about a quarter the size of an olympic runners and his stride will be about a quarter of an olympic runners meaning he's put way more strides in than the olympic runner.

Pound for pound this lad owns them.

Back
Top Bottom