Fix my project PC!

Soldato
Right got a project PC in a an old and unwanted Lian Li PC70 case that all needs fixing up :)

Got all the internals sorted out and have:

Prescott 2.8
1GB of Geil Value RAM
ASUS P4P800
GF Ti4200/4600 (got both cards)
Enermax 470W PSU

This machine last worked decemberish last year when it was used for the final month of SETI crunching to beat the Germans :D

Since then it has been sitting around getting in the way and I have finally got around to trying to fix it up. However I have run into some problems.

When powered up the CPU fan spins, the case fans spin (and 1 of them lights up!) the CD Drive rumbles to life and the HDD fires up. The GFX card also starts making the usual noises. Unfortunately thats where the trouble starts :(

There is no output to the monitor what-so-ever. The light either stays orange or flashes between green and orange randomly. This happens on both the VGA and DVI connections - both GFX cards present the same problems.

Any ideas? I'm totally stumped.

Soldato
OP
Monitor works fine on my dads PC both VGA & DVI inputs so I'm sure the monitors fine :)

The last monitor it worked on was mine so I'll try that but I doubt that'll make a difference...

Not sure if it has onboard video as it has been a while since I have used the board :o

Beep codes are a big no as well since the speaker on the case doesn't appear to work :/ - might try a different case though :)

Soldato
OP
CMOS reset appears to have done nothing. Moved the jumper and it powered on by itself :o

I pretty much gonna just smash this flippin' thing with a sledgehammer if I don't get some sort of useful results soon :(

Oh and the speaker refuses to make a sound (new case, new speaker) :/

Soldato
OP
I changed case to an old chieftec with a known working speaker that has failed to make a single noise :o

Might have the plug he wrong way round I guess.

Could it be possible that the PC isn't even reaching the stage of beep codes?

//edit: CPU seems to be making the heatsink nice and toasty so that seems to be working....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom