Flexicom 30cx Boiler F14 error code. Help please

Associate
Evening all. My boiler has just started throwning a F14 error code. If I do a reset the system will work for a bit then throw the same code aftrer a few minutes. Any help is greatly appreciated

Associate
OP
It says

"defective gas valve. However, check there is power from the PCB to the gas valve. If not, it's not the gas valve at all, but either the PCB or the wiring harness"

Associate
OP
We have had the house for 7 years and it hasnt been serviced in that time. Is it possible to clean the heat exchanger by my self. I have pretty good access to remove it but not sure the steps I need to take before doing so?

Soldato
PCB fault, most likely the low voltage side. There is an outside chance it's the GV. But that's rare compared to the PCB.

Flushing the p2p involves 4x new seals and draining both bodies of water from the heat exchanger. Totally not related to F14, so why bother unless you have reason to?

The boiler itself is a cheapo pile of alloy and plastic, and no spring chicken either. Be mindful of whether its worth spending sums of money on such a boiler. ;)

Soldato
Not that I'm aware of, although ebay companies like Adlink do recondition these things, so they may be more privy to which parts of the board fail and whether such components can be replaced. Some chips/components for example are manufacturer specific with no replacements or schematics available on the open market.

Soldato
PCB

Be warned though, these recon boards come with zero instructions. And if the pcb needs calibrating to the make/model of the boiler, you could be in for a headache, as Vaillant Tech will not give that advice to a non gas safe registered person.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've changed pcb board on boiler before but it's a ballache if it need setup for the proper model/make etc as most "reconditioned" pcb's come with zero instructions and very little back up.

Maybe time to consider a new boiler - no service in 7 years, errors etc...

Find a local gas engineer to take a look.

I replaced pcb in mine a while back but then 6 months later another error code and eventually decided to get a new boiler. It was around 15 years old anyway.

Since then serviced each year at £69, and zero issues (combined with a 10 year warranty from new)

Back
Top Bottom