Flower Shop shopping cart

Associate
Hi,

Basically I'm in need of shopping cart software to add to my website, I have designed the website, see here: http://eulaflowershop.zapto.org/eula/

I've looked at ones such as opencart, but it includes a pre-built website, and I would have to modify it immensely to incorporate my design.

I need shopping cart software that will be enable me to view orders etc, If anyone has any suggestions on what I should use, I would be greatly appreciate it.

I'm currently looking at FatFreeCart, but it looks pretty basic, and it's functionality is gotten from a website, which doesn't look good.

I would prefer not to pay also, but If I have to I will.

Thanks!

Edit: Like how was the Overclockers basket created, did it take them ages?

Last edited:
Associate
It's not that hard to create your own if you have knowledge of sessions.

I personally think it'd be easier to incorporate your design into an already existing CMS/eCommerce/cart than creating your own.

Good ones that come to mind are x-cart and opencart.

Pho

Pho

Soldato
I've never used x-cart but OpenCart is brilliant. Like Benjiiman says, creating a theme to match your design will be far far easier than making your own shopping cart, and more secure.

Associate
OCUK would've designed their cart system in-house and then interface with some API for secure payment with credit/debit card. They no doubt have a dedicated individual or team who maintain the site and make changes as required.

You could do it yourself but it's a lot of work and would probably be better to use a tried and tested cart system even if you can't customize it to your exact liking. Even the large paid for systems can only be customised to an extent and layout similarities can still be spotted. Trouble with doing it yourself is the maintenance and integrity.

Back
Top Bottom