FLSUN S1

Soldato

Ooofff, if only I had money to burn lol, makes the bambu's look slow lmao.

Soldato
It's pretty good by all accounts. I almost joined the pre-release months ago, but it would have been around 6 months before receiving it, so I have waited. I bought a second V400 for $500 USD Brand new, which is absolutely insanely low price. I would like the S1 for sure, but I am skeptical of any real improvement in SPEED for PETG since it needs time to bond/lay. I would gladly be proven wrong though.

I like the integrated dryer and enclosure. I also like the hefty weight of it. Even my V400 moves around a little and that's a bit of a beast already.

My only bug bear is that delta's can't do multi material that I've seen. (Without a lot of wastage).

If the S1 were to bring a significant improvement in quality over the V400, I would absolutely consider it. i.e. accuracy, better and easier calibration etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's no doubt a fast printer.... But... Is it worth that much?
I think half the issue is the size and weight of it for shipping. I see some reviews about not being happy with quality at high speeds. Make sure to check a variety of reviews before investing in any printer :)

EDIT: I should say that those 'not so good' reviews, apparently they were using normal PLA and not High Speed PLA.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's not worth the noise, certainly for me in any case lol.

I was pretty surprised by the noise during reviews.... yeah.. wow! It's not really a problem for me, as I don't print PLA so don't need that high a flow of air however. My V400's are right by the air vents (Central air system here), so we can here them from the basement in our bedroom two floors up lol... I don't think she would be impressed with an S1's CPAP fan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom