Flying + Contact Lenses?

Associate
I read somewhere a bit back that you shouldn't wear contact lenses when flying (as a passenger on a normal flight). Am I right in thinking this is complete rubbish?

Ta

Soldato
Its fine to wear contacts whilst flying, if pilots are allowed too then I'm sure passengers are! The only thing I'd say is that if it is a long flight and you will be sleeping on it then its prob a good idea to take them out. The humidity onboard will only be around 10-15% at best and so they can dry out a little. I've worn mine for years on planes and there fine.

Soldato
I always wear my glasses as I like to sleep on planes.

Also with current security regulations they might not let you take your contact lens solutions into the cabin, unless you drink some of it first. :eek:

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I usually do long flights in glasses so I don't get dry eyes when I fall asleep, but I'm under the impression that BA etc thinks I'm going to blow up their planes with my tiny pot of contact lens solution and my laptop, so I think I'm going to have to wear them for the full flight in the future :p

Soldato
My gas permiable contacts felt fine flying in them. I too was worried when I read the message on easyjets website so I brought some of those contact wetting drop things with me and I didn't even use them.

Back
Top Bottom