Flying to Hong Kong shall I risk the cheap airlines?

Associate
I'm planning to fly London to Hong Kong in March next year. I've found tickets cheap tickets with Air China, Eastern China airlines via Beijing for about £360 return. Is it worth the risk or should I just stump up the £600 to go direct with Cathay? I'm going from London so if I can find a cheap European airline provider I'd rather do that ie Swiss or Lufthansa. I'm taking hand luggage only so they can't lose my baggage.
I don't want to be stuck in Beijing for hours if they cancel the onward flight. Has anyone used the cheaper Chinese carriers?

It will get you there. I've personally only ever flown Cathay on that route, I doubt in economy it is twice as nice on Cathays. It is still like a bus. Less amenities, less snacks, less of everything?

Take your own entertainment and then cross your fingers.
I'm on my own so I'm sure I can rough it for 18 hours. I just don't want to get stuck in Beijing as I'm only away for 7 days and I don't want to spend two days in the airport.

I went with Cathay direct in the end, £639. I thought I didn't want to get stuck in Peking if the connecting flight was late or cancelled. I found a Swiss air flight from London city via Zurich for £320 but I got all the way to the final checkout and it went up to £670.

Back
Top Bottom