Foobar 2000 setting up

Soldato
Hello all.

Grabbing foobar and gona try it. I would really hope someone can give me any newbie tips on getting it setup for best sound quality and what plugins to go for.

Will be mainly listening to my hd555s with it. Someone mentioned a resampler to get because of how creative does bad resampling or somit with my audigy2zs card and maybe thats why my flac music and such is sounding harsh sometimes. So need advice on what to get and how to set that up if possible.

I am hoping i can get a nice interface either like wmp 11 or songbird as i like simplicity and white themes with a good way to have searching with artist, album, genre at the least.

Need config for best headphone setup based on my audigy2zs and hd555s.

Ta.

Soldato
OP
Hmm one person said 96k set in pphs and another 48k so which is it?

I have ultra tick box ticked i duno if thats good or not.

Anything else in settings to get the best quality out of this for my hd555s?

Bs2B plugin, worth using as apparently its good for headphones but i duno if it messes with the true way to hear the music or not?

The quick set up for layout is atm album list + properties + visualizations. Which looks nice with black background and orange titles "olive setting". Which i know i said i wanted white theme but this looks quite nice.

Soldato
OP
Set it up now with that facets plugin which is quite nice.

Btw how do i get album cover to display i.e import all jpegs and what not from my massive music folder?

Got the album art pane there just nothing is displaying.

Edit - Hmm some album art shows but im sure i have a lot more. Is their any download album art service for foobar which grabs a image for the song/album playing? Hmm doesnt look like i can get my album art for angel beats to show maybe images too large? 19XXx19XX which is large i know. But there jpgs and numbered 1 to 4.

Edit 2 - Resized the front cover from 2000x2000 ish to 250x250 ish and it displays. :( No way im gona resize all the album art i have would take weeks if not months. Must be a easier way to do it or have foobar redownload it all in a proper size and assign it correctly.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Found a album art downloader (biography view plugin) it isnt perfect as sometimes it doesn't display the art sometimes like it is fetching it again tho i think i configured it to cache it all on hdd. If not then hmm duno how to improve it.

Tweaked the layout a bit and colours.

Added a repeat track and repeat playlist buttons at the top as there important for quickly using.

Tried to use the best of the layout i can. Duno if anything can be done to improve streamlined choosing a track etc but if anyone has ideas please post i might consider it.

Some pics of my layout.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Tried Album art downloader but with such a large collection i cannot just search and pick myself for my music it has to find and download it like wmp used to do without input from me.

Not tried auto folder pic but if that auto finds and applys a album art then cool, if not and is like a manual find and apply thing then nope.

The buttons are better as right click involves well right click then left click to set whereas just click a button once is quicker.

Soldato
OP
Ah i get ya now. Ta its not as bad as i thought it was.

About manually doing album art well with album art downloader xui it said i had 192 that didnt have album art and i really dont have the will to do that many myself. Wmp did it fine i duno why i couldnt get somit like that for foobar.

Soldato
OP
Would batch it if i knew how to do it with as little effort as possible i.e tell irfanview to grab all images from music folder and convert em all to a certain res and hit do it now would it convert and save in the same folder as source folder with same name i.e overwrite and would it do branched folders i.e music/acdc discography/album1/

Hmm i think it can do all that. Trying it now.

Edit - Crap its just saved all of em in the one folder i.e e:/music instead of where the originals were located and should have replaced. :( Now i gotta clean em all. :(

Edit 2 - Hmm can only output to a single folder not source folders. Thats why i got 815 files where my music was just now :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom