Food you remember from the 80s

Soldato
I was just thinking, can anyone remember the space raiders crisps from the 80s which were coloured? The beef ones were red, cheese orange and pickled onion green. Not sure the colouring did your heath any good mind which is probably why they took it out.

Smash potatoes
Cheese KP Dips
Pot Noodles which tasted nice (extra salt)
Vesta packet beef curry
Nerds

I had a healthy childhood :p

Still get pot noodles.

Mani thing at that age was sweets, aniseed balls, strawbery bonbons, penny chews, chewits, hubba bubba, fruit salad. I had to look those up.

All the current stuff just with proper amounts of sugar salt and the things that made them tasty.

Is there anything which was really popular, which is no longer made? I remember wispas was stopped for a while only to return.

Gob stoppers the size of your head. If you swallowed one of those it was curtains for you!

Used to get free food/snacks at a company I previously worked for... every so often the admin peeps would order in some new nostalgic stuff. On various days I remember being confronted with a big box of wagon wheels or monster munch or space invaders or the smiths crisps with the separate salt packet etc...

Fireballs. To get into our gang, you had to eat one without taking it out!

54321's. Just thinking about them I can picture the advert

The original flavour Phillias Fogg tortilla chips. I've never found anything that tastes remotely like them since.

Not sure if there were about in the 80s, but certainly first half of the 90s

Brannigans beef and mustard crisps. I found them in Poundland 2 or 3 years ago, after not seeing them for years, but they've gone from there now too.

Back
Top Bottom