*Football* Best Goal ever?

Don
What is the best goal you've seen in any competition?

If possible, provide a link ;)

Mine has to be the Robert Carlos freekick vs France, also some Mijhlaovic/Nedved has impressed me with some outstanding goals.

Associate
We had this post a couple of months back.

Personally, although the aforementioned goals - Carlos, Mihailjovic etc are spectacular, they are one off hits, a blast to glory.

IMO the best goal ever was the Brazilian's vs Italy in the WCF in Mexico '70, following an extraordinary amount of showboating, and keep-ball against the weary Italians, Pele rolls the ball nonchalently into the path of Carlos Alberto, and with the aid of a beautifully timed bobble, smashes it home into the bottom corner.

Don
OP
sandy10 said:
We had this post a couple of months back.

Personally, although the aforementioned goals - Carlos, Mihailjovic etc are spectacular, they are one off hits, a blast to glory.

Mihailjovic has hit awesome goals his whole career, so I wouldn't think his goals should be recognised as 'one-off' hits.

Roberto Carlos has probably about a 2% goal rate from freekicks!

Associate
andybtsn said:
Mihailjovic has hit awesome goals his whole career, so I wouldn't think his goals should be recognised as 'one-off' hits.

Roberto Carlos has probably about a 2% goal rate from freekicks!

When I said "One off", I mean, it's a single kick, albeit an accurate and hard one, not a structured goal per se.

He has scored more goals from direct free kicks than any other player in Serie A history.

Rumour has it, at Lazio, he would train practice his kicking by arcing huge punts 80 odd yards over a giant fence at the clubs training complex, and making the youth players fetch them.

Soldato
-Mighty-Mick- said:
Is the carlos one, the goal that swerved about 6 foot side to side?
Yeah I know the one - a spot kick about 32,000ft from goal. I think it was against France or a French team? Superb.
This is pretty special too :)

Associate
George Weah's amazing goal against Verona in 95/96 season, Del Piero's against Fiorentina in the 94/95 season was just a sight to behold!!

Maradona's goal against us in '86 was magical.

Hagi's goal against Columbia in the '94 world cup!!

Zlatan's goal for Ajax against NAC

Could go on forever!!!!

Back
Top Bottom