Football Fixtures 22-23rd March **Spoilers**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Saturday, 22 March 2008

Aston Villa v Sunderland, 15:00
Blackburn v Wigan, 15:00
Bolton v Man City, 15:00
Everton v West Ham, 17:15 - (Setanta Sports 1)
Middlesbrough v Derby, 15:00
Newcastle v Fulham, 15:00
Reading v Birmingham, 15:00
Tottenham v Portsmouth, 12:45

Sunday, 23 March 2008

Chelsea v Arsenal, 16:00 - (Sky Sports 1/HD1)
Man Utd v Liverpool, 13:30 - (Sky Sports 1/HD1)

Thought I'd make this thread a day early due to the big games on Sunday.

Massive weekend as far as the title race is concerned. If Chelsea and United win then it's pretty much between them two. If Arsenal and Liverpool win then it becomes a 3, maybe 4 (;)) horse race again.

Our likely team:

------------Reina------------

Carra---Sami---Skrtel---Arbeloa

-------Mash---Alonso-----------

Kuyt-------Gerrard--------Babel

------------Torres--------------

That formation has been working well for us recently. Arby in for Aurelio as he'll be better at keeping Ronaldo out. Kuyt isn't my number 1 choice in that position but we've been winning games with him there so I don't think it's going to change.

We are due a win over United in the league and form wise it looks like this maybe the time, we are playing very well and United have been struggling to score. Unfortunately Fergie realises how big this game is and he knows how to get his players up for it, so the result is far from predictable.

In the past we've dominated United only to lose by a unlucky goal, hopefully Torres doesn't go missing and we have a decent attacking threat. I expect Babel will be fairly lively as well. I was hoping Rio would have been out for United but it's obvious Fergie's talking bull, hopefully we plays the woeful Giggs and Scholes to make up for it. :p

These games are rarely high scoring so I'm going for a 1-1 draw in both. Obviously I would love a Liverpool win but being realistic I think it will be a tight and cagey game. Chelsea may get the win but I'm not sure yet, they are in far better form than Arsenal but form plays little part in these games, it's all about what you pull out of the hat on the day.

I've been looking forward to Sunday all week, so bring it on! :D

Soldato
OP
Ref's a joke with the cards, but I can't say he's favoured either team.

We've created barely anything and United have looked the better team.

Azza - Your not called the bitters for nothing.

Soldato
OP
The first booking was harsh but he was an absolute idiot to keep mouthing off, especially to somebody like Bennett who loves the chance to take centre stage.

Agreed.

It's clear the nerves are getting to some of our players, Reina especially. Calm down boys.

Soldato
OP
United's passing was just too good for us today, we just couldn't deal with it.

I'm not going to be a fool and get all bitter about it, you played us off the park. There no other way about it.

Well played.

Soldato
OP
Makes me laugh reading the Liverpool forums.

Redcafe makes me laugh. Everyone seems to be under the illusion that we think every season it's going to be our year, when we all know it's the media that creates the hype. Severe lack of good, intelligent debate over there too.

Soldato
OP
Are pool fans STILL whining?
I cant believe it, i really cant.

They created nothing for the time they had 11 players on the pitch, they created nothing with 10 players on the pitch, their players and their manager are simply not up to it.

End of story.
Please, no more, its pathetic, its cringe worthy and down right embarrassing.

I love it when people do this, imagine posts that aren't there and the go ranting about it. :D

Where are the pool fans whining about the result? I think you'll find everyone is debating the red card, not the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom