Football Manager 2020

Soldato
FM20 is due out in November. https://community.sigames.com/topic/491519-football-manager-2020-out-november-2019/

FM20 on Google Stadia info: https://community.sigames.com/topic/485940-football-manager-2020-coming-to-google-stadia/

Video about packaging for this year's release being environmentally friendly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf4ZY19cLcA&feature=youtu.be

Feature blogs announcement: https://community.sigames.com/topic/492481-football-manager-2020-feature-announcement-blogs/

Blogs themselves:
Club vision
Development Centre
Playing time pathway
Backroom staff
Graphic improvements

Pre-order to get a 10% discount and access to the pre-release beta, approximately two weeks before release.

So who's buying/pre-ordering? I know a lot of us buy every couple of years to get the biggest jump in features whilst some of us buy every release going!

Soldato
OP
I would be far more interested in getting involved with sponsorship/financial aspects than the bloody social groups and aspects of the players for sure.
Totally agree. I couldn't give a toss about social groups but I want to clear my club's debt if I can and get more sponsorship deals/money to help me buy more players.

Soldato
OP
This reminds me of the horror of a press conference I decided to try (to see if it had moved on at all since about FM08 - spoiler, it hasn't) - it was 21 questions! And worse was that it never really felt like it mattered. And then there was all the social stuff - who the hell gives a crap about what some pretend person on a pretend twitter says? As I say, it's just all too much bloat - bloat that never really added much to core game.

Such a shame to see a once-great series just get old and stale - but as you say, without competition (and knowing it'll sell gangbusters anyway) what is going to make them actually start developing 'good' stuff again?
The press conferences are one of the few features of the FM series that I think has either stood still or gone backwards. Weirdly SI claim to have improved this part of the game each year but it feels so plain and boring and stale. Each press conference before each match is the same as the last one and the next one; same for the post-match conferences.

Soldato
OP
Graphics of the 3D match engine are laughable and sometimes doesn't correspond with the commentary.
It takes far too long to play a season(Even on a top spec PC) not very well optimised.
If it was faster then online play would be amazing.
Interactions are boring and drab.
Nothing really new or game changing added it's basically been a squad update since FM 12.
What graphics card do you have? Is it an Nvidia card? I had massive problems getting FM20 to look decent without jerky movement but a colleague made a suggestion that has made the graphics even better than ever and buttery smooth at the same time. He told me to install GeForce Experience and run the optimising tool. It detected FM20 and applied some settings and it's beautiful now.

Soldato
OP
I know we are a few months off FM21 but I'm looking to get back into it this year.

My laptop is no more good so I need a new one for fm21. What specs should I be looking out for?
A decent modern processor (AMD Ryzen could be a good option) with plenty of RAM, 8GB at least, 16GB if you can. An SSD would help for speed of loading databases and saving games. Depending on your budget and desire to have 3D views in match then a laptop with a decent graphics card.

What's your budget? There's a thread on SI Forums where people ask for new laptop recommendations for playing FM. Might be worth having a look and signing up to ask for some advice. https://community.sigames.com/topic/457109-new-laptoppc-advice-please-read-the-opening-post/

Soldato
OP
So I managed to win the title in my first season by a single point having lead by 6-7 points at times throughout the season but then 20.4 patch seems to have knackered my tactic and I ended up dropping points left, right and centre and ended up having to win games to re-take the league lead. Liverpool led us 92 points to 91 so even a win for us wouldn't be enough if Liverpool won. I won my last game 2-0 and had to thank Burnley for holding Liverpool to a 2-2 draw and giving me the title by a single point. This season has been a disaster. After 20 games I'm 6th with 34 points. Liverpool are on 49 points and I'm shipping goals and can't more than 1 in an average game.

However one reason I've stuck with the save is that I got the board to expand Old Trafford by 8,250 and the upgrade just got finished so we now have capacity for 83,885. I spotted in the Club Vision section that one of the requests I could make was to ask for another stadium expansion. Cheekily I asked and they said yes! £63m to upgrade the stadium to a capacity of 94,071, an increase of 10,186 on the current capacity and 18,436 on the original capacity. £28.5m of debt was added to the loan repayments to pay for the 1st stadium expansion which added £250k a month to the monthly repayments. I assume the 2nd expansion plans will see more debt added to the current amount but if we can fill the stadium out then hopefully the extra income for home games will dwarf the amount the club pays out for the stadium expansion part of the debt.

Thanks for that I'll have a look at that thread. Budget is as cheap as possible and more than likely second hand. FM21 will be all that the laptop is used for when I'm in bed. Majority of the time it will be played on my desktop.
Cool. You going to get a Windows laptop?

Soldato
OP
What CPU is everyone using for this game nowadays?

I have an i5 3570k and yeah it's old but this game takes forever, its such a hog.

Yeah I could have less league, teams and players but Where's the fun in that!
i7 4790k with 16GB of RAM. Looking to upgrade to Ryzen soon, probably a 3600 depending on when the new Ryzen 4000/5000 CPUs come out and how much they cost etc.

Back
Top Bottom