Football on ITV

Soldato
Joined
1 Dec 2003
Posts
2,818
Location
Liverpool
Tommy B said:
I wish they'd stop showing it. The quality is pants and they broadcast all games in 4:3 which leaves a pathetic square image when viewing on Sky.

/rant.

I thought it was just me, same for me as always with Cable
 
Man of Honour
Joined
25 Oct 2002
Posts
31,794
Location
Hampshire
Tommy B said:
they broadcast all games in 4:3 which leaves a pathetic square image when viewing on Sky.

I think you are wrong, games played in England tend to support widescreen IIRC. The reason you see a lot of 4:3 on ITV is because they show a lot of foreign feeds, i.e. European away matches.
 
Soldato
Joined
14 Apr 2003
Posts
4,135
Location
In a state of Flux
Matallica said:
I gota agree with you there Gary, hes appalling. His pronunciation isnt the best either, I really wonder how he got to be a commentator


Isn't the best :eek: What about Arsenal's famous player Rays, and that famous team AAxe. I've heard him struggle to say Jim Magilton's name, he used to manage the bloke!!
 
Soldato
Joined
23 Mar 2004
Posts
8,354
Location
Up t'north
Gooner14 said:
Isn't the best :eek: What about Arsenal's famous player Rays, and that famous team AAxe. I've heard him struggle to say Jim Magilton's name, he used to manage the bloke!!

and apparently Fabregas' first name isnt Cesc its Young Lad

And my god im an Arsenal fan but he proper manloves Eboue!

+44
 
Man of Honour
Joined
25 Oct 2002
Posts
31,794
Location
Hampshire
I was very impressed with Pleat's pronounciation tonight, I seriously think he had been practicing beforehand. He got Sevillia bang on the money and most of the players too
 
Soldato
Joined
23 Mar 2004
Posts
8,354
Location
Up t'north
HangTime said:
I was very impressed with Pleat's pronounciation tonight, I seriously think he had been practicing beforehand. He got Sevillia bang on the money and most of the players too

Maresca = Maresco

though was doing my head in!

+44
 

Bri

Bri

Soldato
Joined
19 Oct 2003
Posts
4,839
Location
Sunny Teesside
HangTime said:
I was very impressed with Pleat's pronounciation tonight, I seriously think he had been practicing beforehand. He got Sevillia bang on the money and most of the players too

Yep, Quadrew was good wasn't he ;)
 
Soldato
Joined
19 Dec 2004
Posts
3,887
im sure i heard pleat saying mascherano tonight and there was no mascherano :p

remember the barcelona V mila match he kept on calling ronaldinho:RONALDEANO :p :o :rolleyes:
 
Soldato
Joined
7 Feb 2004
Posts
9,460
Tommy B said:
I wish they'd stop showing it. The quality is pants and they broadcast all games in 4:3 which leaves a pathetic square image when viewing on Sky.

/rant.

Why not just watch it on sky then? Id rather it was a rubbish picture and be able to watch the game than not.
 
Back
Top Bottom