Birmingham v Man City, 15:00
Bolton v Arsenal, 15:00
Derby v Fulham, 15:00
Man Utd v Aston Villa, 17:15 (Setanta)
Portsmouth v Wigan, 15:00
Reading v Blackburn, 15:00
Sunderland v West Ham, 15:00

Sunday, 30 March 2008
Chelsea v Middlesbrough, 13:30 (Setanta)
Liverpool v Everton, 16:00 (Sky Sports 1)
Tottenham v Newcastle, 15:00

Another important weekend in the title race. First up are Arsenal with a potentially tricky fixture away at Bolton. Based on their current form you could see Bolton taking a point but in fairness Arsenal should win it comfortably.

As for United, Fletcher was injured playing for Scotland and will basically be out for the rest of the season. Not sure it'll effect us much in the PL but Fergie likes to use him in the CL. Considering the midweek internationals, and the fact we have Roma on Tuesday, I'd expect something like:

VdS
Brown - Ferdinand - Vidic - Evra
Ronaldo - Carrick - Scholes - Nani
Tevez - Giggs

Although O'Shea/Pique might come in at the back somewhere. Should be a tough game but I expect us to get the 3 points.

On paper Chelsea shouldn't have any problems with Middlesbrough but they always do well against the big sides so we'll see.

Soldato
Where's rooney ?, or will he more than likely be rested for the champions league,
and its on bloody setanta :(.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think Villa will be as easy as predicted, they might give Man Utd a decent game.

I really hope Arsenal pick themselves up but you can see the team are knackered and they've just played too much I guess :(, at this stage no result surprises me, but I expect a win ..

Associate
Nokkon - I think MON pressurised Capello into leaving them out of the England squad after the Sunderland game, when they were clearly flagging.

Young was only poor in the last couple of games - he was superb when we demolished Newcastle at home, and did ok away at Reading when he scored.

Agbonlahor is basically very tired - he plays whenever available as our squad is so small, although I do think MON has overplayed him at the expense of giving big Marlon a go. Routledge who signed in January seems to of been a right duff, as apparantly he has completely lost his confidence in training - brilliant, and Salifou probably isn't up to the Premiership yet.

We need not only quality, but some numbers for next season, as we've been dropping points recently against teams we should be beating - Portsmouth, Middlesborough and Sunderland, and all the hard work up to February has been wasted really.

Man U will win at a canter I think - 3-1 ish.

Don
Nokkon - I think MON pressurised Capello into leaving them out of the England squad after the Sunderland game, when they were clearly flagging.

Not sure i buy into that. Firstly Capello's not going to drop players out of his squad on the back of what a club manager says and secondly O'Neil was very willing to let Villa players to join up with the England squad last time (even said it was up to Agbonlahor when he got injured before the last game).

Associate
at home against villa chelsea were lucky, liverpool were lucky and so were arsenal...

(2-1 i reckon)

Agbonlahor is basically very tired - he plays whenever available as our squad is so small, although I do think MON has overplayed him at the expense of giving big Marlon a go.

very poor excuse. he simply hasnt been good enough lately and should be dropped for a game or two. i'd like to see harewood have a go at We don't allow that word on here. Big Kev defence this afternoon

Soldato
we're due a slip up against villa. however as near enough my entire family support them i really hope it doesn't happen. they're worthy of our strongest team but with CL in mind we'll have to see what happens.

Soldato
Derek McGovern 29/03/08 in the Daily Mirror said:
It went largely unreported that the day after Everton lost at Fulham to harm their chances of finishing sixth, the Goodison area of Liverpool was hit by a damaging flood.

Environmental health officers put the blame on a giant bubble being burst.

To be fair to Everton they've done a great job in keeping tabs on Liverpool in the race for fourth place because off-hand I can't think of an Everton player who would get in the Liverpool team. In fact I'm surprised any of them get in the Everton team.

:D

Caporegime
I'd say arteta is the only Everton player that would get in the Liverpool side. Which goes to show you how bad a job Liverpool and the manager are doing. Twice in 4 years we have run Liverpool close for 4th place. With a fraction of the money and none of the stars.

I think I know which team should be the most embarrassed about that.

In all honesty I think 4th place is better for Liverpool, Everton wouldn't get out of the group stage anyway, if they even got through the pre-lim.

Caporegime
I'd say arteta is the only Everton player that would get in the Liverpool side. Which goes to show you how bad a job Liverpool and the manager are doing. Twice in 4 years we have run Liverpool close for 4th place. With a fraction of the money and none of the stars.

Lescott instead of Aurelio, Cahill/Yakubu instead of Kuyt, Arteta instead of Alonso and Jagielka instead of Skrtel (for now).

Back
Top Bottom