US: For All Mankind

Soldato
I’m up to S2 Ep8 and I’ve really enjoyed this so far. I like how they’ve used things like SeaDragon and extrapolated what might have been. Also gotta say Gordo is a fave of mine character makes me smile.

Soldato
The Karen storyline ruined any chance of me doing a rewatch tbh. It would be nice to go back to S1 and revisit everything when the characters were lower down in their respective professions but Karen....urgh.

Soldato
I was a little late to the party, but up to speed now and have to agree, after a slow start, it really is a very good show.

I commented in the 'what are you watching' thread, that following a time jump between S1 and S2, I hoped that would happen each season, eventually leading to current day and the future with space travel at an accelerated level, and following the Mars teaser into the 80's it looks like that's what they're doing, which makes me think this really could be an epic show. Really looking forward to S3 and future seasons.

It will be interesting to see how/if they introduce new stars though, as the initial ones will simply age themselves out of the show.

Man of Honour
What a tremendous show this is. It's a proper love letter to the space race/space industry as a whole really.

There are some parts that broke my immersion (silly decisions by individuals/teams/designs that just wouldn't have happened) and some of the interpersonal drama was tiresome (specifically centered around one individual) however on the whole I haven't felt like this about a show in some time.

I also didn't realise the producer was Ronald D. Moore - who also produced Battlestar Galactica - until I noticed some interesting space camerawork that gave me BSG flashbacks. After I looked it up and read that he was involved, I can see the BSG influence running through it like a stick of rock.

I absolutely can't get over how tragic the Gordo/Trace storyline felt. Gordo became such a likeable character, I was so ready for him to be happy again.

Caporegime
Just started season 1 and liking it, but I don't get the point of the storyline involving the South American family. They go ages without them and then offer a little bit but it doesn't tie in that much to the main story.

Back
Top Bottom