US: For All Mankind

Associate
Just finished season 3 after loving the first two. Season 3 was awful. Like a bad soap opera. Ed's daughter was truly awful. The random ageing of some, like the Presidents husband looked dreadful where as she looked the same age. The final episode just about saved the show for me.
Agree there was a huge drop in quality this season. I wouldn’t say it was awful though as it kept me hooked. I enjoyed it but the script of this season was dumbed down to the extreme. It’s so spoon fed to the audience. The dialogue is appalling in places, and the plot is so rushed in some areas but slow in others. The way the engineers pull solutions out of thin air in mere seconds is laughable. “Can we find out where those probes landed?” “Yeah maybe. (1 second later) “Oh here they are and they’re already plotted on this 3D map with distances accurately measured”. It happens multiple times per episode and it’s lazy. It’s like a kid wrote some of it.

All the Helios scenes in the offices are definitely like a very very bad daytime drama. Amazing final scene with Radiohead though. I’m guessing they had different units and scriptwriters for different locations, as the quality varies massively. Still looking forward to S4 though. It’s still interesting whereas I’ve completely gone off The Expanse.

Associate
I think season 3 suffered from some more heavy handed virtue signalling.

They have always had the interesting alternate history Gay plotline running through it but season 3 its front and centre to the detriment of the actual space stuff. The scandal of the President was enough without the crew member in space. Plus some of the script writing was just poor - the whole Stevens/drugs plot was ridiculous as was the whole Ed's wife goes from mild mannered housewife to ball busting CEO plot.

Man of Honour
Just started this start of the week, season 1 finished earlier and season 2 started right after.

What an amazing show, cannot believe it's been sat on my watchlist for a year+

The science/technology engineering etc all appear to be legit too, and the character drama is solid writing.

They have done space better than the vast majority of Hollywood movies like Gravity. The music score during those tense space moments are on levels with Interstellar, and watching in HDR really makes space look so cool in those lunar scenes, especially on OLED!

Has become one of my top 5 shows of all time so far.

Just started this start of the week, season 1 finished earlier and season 2 started right after.

What an amazing show, cannot believe it's been sat on my watchlist for a year+

The science/technology engineering etc all appear to be legit too, and the character drama is solid writing.

They have done space better than the vast majority of Hollywood movies like Gravity. The music score during those tense space moments are on levels with Interstellar, and watching in HDR really makes space look so cool in those lunar scenes, especially on OLED!

Has become one of my top 5 shows of all time so far.

There is one episode in particular that has an incredible scene, you'll know when you get there.

I'm saying nothing until you've finished. :D

Man of Honour
Finished. that was a cool ride. Season 3 definitely stepped on the woke wagon unnecessarily but given the era which it's set in I guess in some ways was necessary.

Anyway, those NKs though!

Finished. that was a cool ride. Season 3 definitely stepped on the woke wagon unnecessarily but given the era which it's set in I guess in some ways was necessary.

Anyway, those NKs though!
Where Ed finally boils over about Shaun's death in front of his wife and daughter.

Mesmerised by that, corking acting.

Man of Honour
Yeah Joel Kinnaman is one immense actor. Been in so many roles that fit his style of acting perfectly. Truly terrifying at times too, like that one scene where he says there will be a reckoning :eek:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom