For the gym rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a bit of a random question here, feel a bit stupid asking it here to you guys as well but hey....As I'm only doing weights at home, It's hard to get the correct excercises I need so to speak....

However, I'm doing dumbell standing rows here....And they seem to be only working on my arms, as far as I'm aware it's supposed to work my back slightely, is there something I need to do with my body to make it work my back or am I just being dumbfounded?

Have you tried benching again after the break megatron?

I was lagging with bench, stuck in a rut around 80-90kg varying each workout, took about 8 weeks off bench and did only incline and flat dumbells. Comfortably benching with 100kg for reps now.

*Although we will see how that goes today after a week of booze and kebabs :)

I did bench tonight, was expecting some help from the gym owner but he couldn't leave the reception area cause it was only him there. I did 80kg but I got about 8 reps first set, by the 4th set I was doing 3 or 4 reps. I used to struggle with 4 reps on the first set so there is an improvement.

I tried to think about keeping my elbows down and the bar to the bottom of my chest. I used to have my right elbow going up when I was struggling which put the weight through my shoulder. I think my left side is a bit stronger on the bench even though Im right handed.

Would be nice to go above 80kg but I will see how it goes.

I did bench tonight, was expecting some help from the gym owner but he couldn't leave the reception area cause it was only him there. I did 80kg but I got about 8 reps first set, by the 4th set I was doing 3 or 4 reps. I used to struggle with 4 reps on the first set so there is an improvement.

I tried to think about keeping my elbows down and the bar to the bottom of my chest. I used to have my right elbow going up when I was struggling which put the weight through my shoulder. I think my left side is a bit stronger on the bench even though Im right handed.

Would be nice to go above 80kg but I will see how it goes.

It's an improvement though which is good, well done :cool:

Maybe try a few weeks now flat benching, and then swap over to something like incline barbell. Might help strengthen the shoulders/upper chest.

Do you have a particular sticking point or are you just generally tiring on the lift?

Just watched that Flex Lewis video and thought the gym colour/layout etc looked familiar, and it was an LAC - which is where I go :) Although it's strange as it says he's in Tampa FL - but LAC are not down there??/ Louisville Athletic Club

i love that post! Supplementing with whey, casein or any other type of protein is no different from eating a chicken breast, except you dont get the thermogenic effects.

As morba has said whether you should be supplementing it is based on if you find it hard to get extra kcals/proteins in your body that you require due to lack of growth/recovery

Hi all,

Just after a bit of advice and motivational help...

I been working out now for about 6 - 7 months only at home with free weights. I have put on some weight and i have liked the results but i have also enjoyed it upto now......my goal was for 14stone with 10ish% bf...i would have been happy with that.

I have just lost all drive and motivation to continue. I have lost about 5 pounds in the last week and i just don't want to continue, but all the work i have put in seems like such a waste...

How do you get the motivation back if you lost it.

Thanks

OS

Hi all,

Just after a bit of advice and motivational help...

I been working out now for about 6 - 7 months only at home with free weights. I have put on some weight and i have liked the results but i have also enjoyed it upto now......my goal was for 14stone with 10ish% bf...i would have been happy with that.

I have just lost all drive and motivation to continue. I have lost about 5 pounds in the last week and i just don't want to continue, but all the work i have put in seems like such a waste...

How do you get the motivation back if you lost it.

Thanks

OS

I put on a Ronnie Coleman dvd that gives me pretty much all the motivation you need :)

i tried going gym at 7am the other day and it was empty except for one guy who was not only singing to the songs played in background but also shouting light weight repeatadly, build the mass and alaod of other things kind of funny when only me and him in the weights section. This common place in your gyms? :P

?
natural proteins?

Do you need more kcals?
Do you actually need more protein than what you are already getting?

i love that post! Supplementing with whey, casein or any other type of protein is no different from eating a chicken breast, except you dont get the thermogenic effects.

As morba has said whether you should be supplementing it is based on if you find it hard to get extra kcals/proteins in your body that you require due to lack of growth/recovery

Reason I asked is because I physically do not have enough food in the house to be consuming enough protein that I need, well I presume I am not anyway.

I don't have a job at the moment so getting extra food for my own personal use (I live at home still) is kinda hard. I am managing to by some tuna every week though which I hope is helping a bit.

Don't get me wrong Shicky, I love thing's like Chicken anyway, infact I used to eat a fair amount of it anyway before I started doing weights at home, just I can't get the food at the moment, once I land a job I can then start buying the foods I want/need.

I might be looking into it a bit too much, who knows, I just want to have a decent diet going while I'm doing my weights, otherwise I'm just not going to get anywhere I would have thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom