Foreign and european domain names.

Associate
Hi Guys

I seem to be getting emails suggesting that a Chinese company is trying to register a company with the same name as mine and the subsequent .cn domains relating to that name, now i know there is a scam going round involving that but the guy seems to be from an actual Chinese web services provider so not sure what to do make of that for a start ? should i be worried ? try to register the .cn domains?

Then i started looking into registering other domain names and started looking on www.onlydomains.com and saw that you can register domains for pretty much any country on there, i registered a couple but then realized i couldn't transfer them to my 1&1 account anyway as they only handle a set list of domains.

What domain names should i be trying to get hold of ? i noticed there is a new european and worldwide ones such as .pro now also.. are these worth having ? i registered a .co address but all it seems to do is cause confusion to be honest.

If you are a large company, looking to protect your brand you should probably register your domain in all available major CC TLDs and GTLDs.

If you are a small business primarily based in the UK then I'd probably recommend just getting .com/.uk/.net/.org/.eu/.info/.biz (in that order).

Back
Top Bottom