Formula 1 2019 Freeview Viewing?

Caporegime
I like F1 , but not enough to spend £10 a month on top of everything else i pay for TV/entertainment.

Which i guess just means they lose another fan/viewer *shrugs*.

Their UK viewer base is going to shrink considerably.

Soldato
Lol really beyond my power! Seems like it was a lot to do with a personal beef rather than any performance issue. The new head of F1 doesn’t like Ted for some reason.
Please let the new head I'll be leaving Sky Sports asap. Thanks. His personal views are not required, we the watching paying public are the decision makers.
Andi.

Caporegime
I'd be tempted by that but on Virgin Media its not an option as far as I can tell its take the full Sky sports package or nothing and I'm not paying £35+ for that given the rest of the sports suck.

Not sure if thats Sky's doing (probably) or VM's (probably not) and £10 is reasonaly fair price, £35 not.

Still I have my bothers Sky login should I get desparate and not able to wait for the C4 delayed coverage
Check out the stickied Post in home cinema for some sky deals if you are interested in moving.

Soldato
I like F1 , but not enough to spend £10 a month on top of everything else i pay for TV/entertainment.

Yep. Remains to be seen if they’ll be doing another deal like they did with Now TV last year but they have even less of a reason to do it now.

I don’t mind paying £10/£15 a month just for the F1 but it’ll be about £300 just to watch all of the races.

Thanks Bernie :)

Soldato
I honestly can't believe F1 hasn't somehow managed to pay Sky off and get out of this contract.

I still remember back in the day when the race would be on every TV. Even people like my nan would watch it.

I also prefer the C4 presenters over Sky. Think I'm really going to struggle watching it this year.

Associate
I know its been mentioned but can anyone confirm that RTL are showing the races this year, as this and ch4 were my go-to the last couple of years

Man of Honour
I'd be tempted by that but on Virgin Media its not an option as far as I can tell its take the full Sky sports package or nothing and I'm not paying £35+ for that given the rest of the sports suck.

Not sure if thats Sky's doing (probably) or VM's (probably not) and £10 is reasonaly fair price, £35 not.

Still I have my bothers Sky login should I get desparate and not able to wait for the C4 delayed coverage

Ive just been looking at trying to get F1 HD on my Virgin media package, £31.75pm + an extra £7.00pm for HD, thats £465 a year,
and as the racing season is only 8.5 months long then for 3.5 months you're paying a fortune for nothing!
obviously i wont be buying it...

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Paying extra for HD is criminal. Obviously when HD sets were new and it was a bleeding edge technology then I could understand it to a degree but in 2019? When Asda will sell you a cheap HD set for £100?

:o

Caporegime
Paying extra for HD is criminal. Obviously when HD sets were new and it was a bleeding edge technology then I could understand it to a degree but in 2019? When Asda will sell you a cheap HD set for £100?

:o
On Sky the F1 channel comes in HD for no extra cost.

Soldato

Yup, shame that having watched it since I was a kid I'll no longer be watching F1 but equally I won't be bent over to watch it either.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom