Fortnite - Chapter 2 season 1

Associate
I got back into this recently after quite a long break. They have SBMM, bots and forced cross play now and I am having a blast as it's now much easier to win solo games, get kills and generally have fun.

Anyone else still playing?

HeX

HeX

Soldato
My kids got into it recently, so I've been playing with them, we've had some great fun in squads. I hate the building part of the game, drives me mad when we get to like the last few and you're having a nice gun fight and suddenly they whip out a 60ft tower and start spamming walls like crazy. But other than that it's been a blast. Really don't understand the hate for the game.

The new missions make levelling up less of a grind, and more interesting too; my 7 year old has smashed out 180 levels worth and maxed the battle pass :D

Soldato
My kids got into it recently, so I've been playing with them, we've had some great fun in squads. I hate the building part of the game, drives me mad when we get to like the last few and you're having a nice gun fight and suddenly they whip out a 60ft tower and start spamming walls like crazy. But other than that it's been a blast. Really don't understand the hate for the game.

The new missions make levelling up less of a grind, and more interesting too; my 7 year old has smashed out 180 levels worth and maxed the battle pass :D

You hate building.... Until you can build :)

Soldato
Completely burnt out, it was getting frustrating as I couldn't dedicate substantial amounts of time to practice building/editing so there was always someone...

Soldato
My kids have played it for ages and every now and again they get me in a game with their mates. Its funny how their mates laugh at their Dad playing until I rack up some kills and I can hear them saying "wow your Dad's really sick I thought he would be rubbish". They've also recording some videos for their little Youtube channel.

Big event tomorrow 2pm EST / 7pm GMT JJ Abrahams showing some unseen Star Wars Rise of Skywalker footage in game at Risky Reels. Get in for 6.30pm ready for the event.

I've seen the Rocket one, Marshmello event and the last one with the black hole.

I hate building I tend not to bother when I come up against a player I just let him build get into position and wait till they pop their head over the top then shoot em. Sometimes its very funny.

Apparently the best way to build is group the keys Q,W,1,2,F1,F2 together and you rotate your fingers round in a clockwise circle somehow. Watched my kids do it really quickly that way. Also apparently according to my eldest you need a keyboard with the F1 directly above the 1. Had to search high and low for the right one ending up getting a mech one off rainforest for him. Both of them must average double figure kills.

Soldato
i personally like to build with F for floor, Q for pyramid top mouse button for wall and bottom for stairs

That is where i am at build speed wise after playing for about 2 days :) Started as my sister really wanted somebody to play with who she knew so i eventually caved after a year of her asking and installed it. Not really done a lot of building in battleroyale as i want to get more comfortable doing it before i deploy it to gameplay as im sure aiming well and not building is better than not aiming well whilst building because you aren't comfortable with it yet. I do make the occasional bunker to heal though.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
LOL everyone has been chucked out of Fortnite because of the StarWars event and no one can get back in. Even Youtubers streaming it cant.

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1205930422795931649

Wow! Unprecedented demand to get into Fortnite. We had to delay until 2:10 PM ET to let in more players. Thanks for your patience, as a thank you, everyone will get the glider!

6 people in my house trying to get into the event, 2 managed it, the reset were stuck at logging in for the entire thing. Shambles.

Soldato
Just had my best match yet just now!

doing 3 man squads with my sister and her gf. We played two matches and won both :D

First game i had 18 kills squad ended up on 28 kills total.
Second was a lot quieter i was on 6 and squad total was 12

I would share the video here but there is quite a lot of swearing and a 18 month old in the background so i wouldn't want to torture your ears haha.

Associate
Me and my mates started playing last month very casually and I find it very enjoyable, its a well made, polished shooter that deserves the praise it gets imo. The skins feel expensive imo but I buy lots of games so if I only played Fortnite I don't think the prices would bother me as much.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Yeah the battle pass is pretty good value if you're going to be hitting lv100 each time as you'll earn enough v-bucks from playing to pay for the next seasons pass.

Finished all the challenges now; unlocked the 'Prestige' missions, which are mental!

Associate
I have been spending my vbucks from the battle pass n stuff but I don't mind buying the battle pass again. I think I'm around level 60, I've just started unlocking items with the billiards theme.

Associate
Been playing it with my 7yr old son, I can’t build so I leave that to him, but it’s actually a really good game, very surprised! And the way Epic support it is fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom