2 x NEC 3550 DVDRW

C: = Raptor 36GB
D: = Seagate 160GB
E: = 2x200GB WD
F: = 80GB SATA

Saphire X800GT
Audigy 2
SIL3114 Sata Raid Card ( For E: )

Now, the PSU was a Fortran Source 350w and I have swapped it for the Hyper from my DFI / ClawHammer system, and put the Fortran into that.

Now, before I did the swap, the Fortran wasnt struggling of anything, it was more of a Lets be safe option really, but what are these fortran sources actually like?

The DFI System that its gone into is:-

DFI LanParty UT 250GB S754
ClawHammer 3700 & FX55 Stock Cooler
2x512 Corsair 4400TwinX
Radeon 9800Pro
SBLive 24
Seagate 120GB
Seagate 160GB
Maxtor 250GB
LG DVDRW
LG DVDROM
LG CDRW

So, will the Fortran Source 350w PSU run that well, or shall I consider upping the PSU too?

Soldato
OP
Fortron not fortran!!!

Bloody hell... No wonder when I tried looking for fortran source, I kept getting Source code for Fortran hehe

Ok, FORTRON

Anyway, my decision was made for me on this earlier on...

I didnt think about it till it came to fitting the FS to the DFI... 24 vs 20 Pin ATX Mobo connector.

Silly really cos the Hyper has the extra 4 pins seperate, and I had to join them for the P4 Mobo and didnt click till I went to use the Fortron in the DFI that the PSU has 4 pins too many, and I dont have a 20-24 pin adapter... Or do I?

Come to think of it, I think I may have had one with the UltraX Connect, I am not sure though??? - I will have a look in a bit.

Not realyl bothered with the P4 anymore though! - I was expecting so much more from it, and quite frankly, compared to the AMDs for gaming, its utter poo... Even the Sempron 3100 is far superior.

I have been doing a couple of benchies just a short while ago, not much to be honest cos my heart got shot out of it and its only depressing me more and more, but the P4 + 2GB + X800GTO is about on par with a Sempron 3100 + 1GB + 9800Pro for gaming, and when I consider how much the P4 is costing me, I could have just got more ram and a better GFX Card for my AMDx2 instead!

Bloody intels... Oh, and its also slower at converting VCD and AVI to DVD than a S754 Clawhammer 3700 too, by silly %'s... The P4 took 59 minutes, the ClawHammer took 16... Sez it all to me.

Back
Top Bottom