Forum Changed? No "Hover over thread" function any more?

Soldato
Hi - don't know if it's something I've changed or something on the forum but I used to be able to hover over a post and I'd get a little pop-up showing a brief part of the OP. Also, when I hovered over my username the drop down menu popped up. Now I have to click on it.

Is it one of my settings or forum settings or am I being particularly dense this morning lol

Soldato
OP
Using Windows 10 Pro 21H1 no updates outstanding
Doesn't work on:
Firefox 93.0
Edge Version 95.0.1020.30
Chrome was whatever is the latest as downloaded for testing

Does work on:
TOR 10.5.8

Edit: Doesn't make any difference if logged in or not either. Also doesn't work on other forums (but does on TOR)
Few add-ons with FF so also started in safemode to check - no difference. Edge is out of the box, as was chrome and TOR

Soldato
OP
Wow, ok, all sorted, although it's been a bit of a head-scratcher to say the least.

Turns out the 5" HDMI monitor I'd bought to act as a display panel is also a touchscreen (which I knew, but didn't think would be an issue. Ha. Ha ha hah.), and powering it via a USB cable was causing some unwanted side-effects, one of which was stopping the hover/preview thing from working.

Unplugged the USB cable to it and all is working fine. Just need a way to get power to the screen without using one of the USB sockets, maybe a power only lead would work, if there is such a thing, Odd how it didn't affect TOR though, but problem finally solved!

Back
Top Bottom