Forza Horizon 4

Man of Honour
Game starting to annoy me, doing forzathon live which I enjoy most, and I disconect randomly

Been watching some streams of this game as the core game quite interests me and seems connectivity is generally a problem as they get disconnected a lot and/or timeouts and retries in general sessions or connections to specific services of the game, etc. nice to see MS have learnt from the terrible experience people generally had with GFWL, etc.

Soldato
Been watching some streams of this game as the core game quite interests me and seems connectivity is generally a problem as they get disconnected a lot and/or timeouts and retries in general sessions or connections to specific services of the game, etc. nice to see MS have learnt from the terrible experience people generally had with GFWL, etc.
not had any issues with this game. Playing between PC, laptop and XboxX. The only niggle is the time to sync profiles when moving between different platforms, god knows how much data is used but can take up to 5mins mind you can brew up in that time :D

Wish they did Spotify as a radio station as getting a bit sick of the same tunes over and over and....In F3 they had Groove integration which was cool beans but since that flopped :( Used to love me a bit of The Prodigy or Chemical bros and doing laps on the Gauntlet.

Man of Honour
Wish they did Spotify as a radio station

Kill ingame radio, run Spotify in the background and control from phone? though sometimes Spotify's use of resources can conflict a bit with a game running especially the way it uses hardware acceleration.

Soldato
Kill ingame radio, run Spotify in the background and control from phone? though sometimes Spotify's use of resources can conflict a bit with a game running especially the way it uses hardware acceleration.
Suppose could use voicemeeter to mix game audio with musicbee/spotify and output to headphone DAC, what about the console as goes through AVamp?

Associate
OP
Online has been poor over the last few nights, random disconnects and ghost lobbies. Pretty much every one I join I can only see a handful of the players that are listed (player list will show 30+ roaming but none are visible), this is also causing issues with the forzathon live events, I've had a few instances now where 3/4 of the players disappear as the event begins leaving you unable to complete all the objectives due to the low numbers.

Soldato
One thing I wish they would allow us to do is remove completed races from the map - its a real pain when there are 1/2 dozen races really close together but its impossible to know which you have done and which you haven't - unless you keep on going thru them specifically (and with the map updating constantly, impossible to keep a track of where you are anyway).

A couple of other changes Ive noticed (Im now at lvl 37 so unlocked a fair bit)

1) in FH3 I was always being asked to locate a particular non-playing / cpu controlled character and challenge them on the fly , which doesn't appear to be in FH4 at all
2) One of the good things about FH3 is that I would turn up to a race and for that race only get random cars to drive not in my garage - so you got "forced" to drive cars outside your comfort zone a lot more - again this doesn't appear to be in FH4 so far at least (Im sure I saw this repeatedly really early in FH3, but maybe Im imagining it)

So far Ive spent most of my time in Winter (which is really cool and difficult ) but kinda now not doing so much so I can save a lot of races for the other seasons.

Absolutely love offroading in totally unsuitable cars and racking up those points - even if I come a cropper on an unseen tree (also a lot more difficult to tell when something is unbreakable / breakable in reference to points loss - some "metal " looking barriers are breakable and others that look very similar indeed are solid as a rock!!

Soldato
Does anyone fancy an OcUK race at some point this week? Maybe get a few of us in and do a private team adventure - would be nice to play with human opponents without the rubberbanding AI cars :) Could even throw in some playground games to mix it up at little.

Associate
One thing I wish they would allow us to do is remove completed races from the map - its a real pain when there are 1/2 dozen races really close together but its impossible to know which you have done and which you haven't - unless you keep on going thru them specifically (and with the map updating constantly, impossible to keep a track of where you are anyway).

Not sure if you were aware, but you can press RB whilst in the map, to filter what is shown, so that it is 'new' races only.

Last edited:
Underboss
Does anyone fancy an OcUK race at some point this week? Maybe get a few of us in and do a private team adventure - would be nice to play with human opponents without the rubberbanding AI cars :) Could even throw in some playground games to mix it up at little.

always up for this

me and snaggle did 10 rounds of Team Drift last night, completed it, that was great fun, would have been better with the full amount (6 players?) to get a higher team score, but we started to get to grips with it and started 3 staring them :)

Back
Top Bottom