1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fractal Design Define R6

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by southernorth, Dec 20, 2017.

1. jammir

Hitman

Changed the layout on my case not sure if I like the V.GPU?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Raumarik

Capodecina

Love it, not sure about the colour to be honest, think white would look super clean!

Pretty water block on the GPU though

3. Zhuni

Hitman

Love that colour

4. Dave Burton

Associate

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on one of these, but currently using an AIO. The model is the Seidon 3 (Coolermaster) and I've noted that compared to some the two hoses are fairly short. Can anyone confirm they've used this pairing and if the radiator from the AIO would reach the front intakes? I've been toying with going full custom but I've not yet built up all the needed parts so this is a stop gap.

Cheers!

Edit: happy to replace the AIO if anyone has any recommendations that they can confirm will fit :)

5. Evilmethod666

Associate

@jammir what size rad do you have in the bottom and 280mm in the front? Cheers nice build

6. jammir

Hitman

EK SE140 in the bottom and SE 280 on the front.

7. shinderu

Associate

Can you fit in an optical drive when the panel and drive cage is taken out in the alternative layout?

8. Methanoid

Mobster

Any Define R6 owners in Herts, Bucks or Beds? I could really do with having a look at one.... Some mod plans to be made...

9. Bugbait

Gangster

Not without mods since the left 5.25 bracket (looking from the front) would be gone (becomes part of back plate). The entire front plate moves back so there are no front facing screw holes to mount the right side either.

10. Too Tall

Wise Guy

Still waiting for the side panels to come into stock for these. Wish I'd bought the Tempered Glass version to begin with.

11. Methanoid

Mobster

[​IMG]

Can someone who has the case answer some questions, related to this pic?

Q1: If you slide down the bottom fan to the floor of the case, do the circled holes line up with the fan? With no gap under the fan (unlikely but looks close)
    Q2: If you slide the top fan up, removing the optical bay, does it slide behind the USB port panel?
    Q3: If Q1 & Q2 work.. whats the gap in between... If its 140mm I will probably **** myself with happiness!!

12. dannywaugh1

Hitman

Cant seem to find a answer for this, Can you have the drive bays in as well as a front 360 aio? or do you need to move the wall to the back reducing the amount of drive space?

13. TheSwede

Wise Guy

I have a front 360 AIO in mine and all the drive bays, didn't have to move the wall to the back position.