Fractal Design Define R6

Soldato
I really wish that there's still a way to mount drives at the bottom when the shroud is at the back.

I remember Fractal posting a youtube comment on one of the vid reviews, correcting what was said by one of the reviewers - with the shroud you refer to, at the back, there is still the ability to place three SSDs or two HDDs at the bottom.

Great case, many nice features and thought put into it. Would have liked no metal grille by the rear fan, it cuts the air and makes plenty more noise than a circular wire fan grille. Would also have liked to see a solid panel option (like the top has) for the bottom, if you don't need/want the vents down there (except for the PSU fan). Vents on bottom leak a lot of noise from drives etc. It's one thing to design a case that's quiet. Another to take into account noisy components and design around that, as well. Plus more modularity with the panels as has been mentioned, i.e. if you're using a 240 rad up top, then seal the rest of the gaps on the mounting bracket and also for the solid panel above.

More thought from manufacturers as to HDD vibration and decoupling them from the chassis as much as possible would also be welcome. Why not incorporate a bungee cord solution from the beginning, for example, as many later do to cut down on noise. Doesn't have to look ugly, could be done tastefully. Keep the trays, but add four short bits of bungee cord to each corner of each tray, which then connect to the chassis.

Find it peculiar that they offer the USB type C as an add-on but didn't do the same for the fancy fan controller, when most won't use the fan controller as motherboard control will suffice. Could have helped trim the price a bit.

The glass/steel side panel is just like I'd been wishing for.

Almost my ideal case (for an ATX/E-ATX), and tempting, but not quite.

Last edited:
Associate
I remember Fractal posting a youtube comment on one of the vid reviews, correcting what was said by one of the reviewers - with the shroud you refer to, at the back, there is still the ability to place three SSDs or two HDDs at the bottom.
Nice. My only complaint now is the black front on the white case. I hope they sell a white one so I can change it to that.

They will sell it apparently.

Permabanned
I reckon there's potential in taking that corsair cube-shaped air case with the PSU round the back, but instead of putting the PSU separate, put the GPU separate, using one of the nifty little ribbon cables this case has... case designer of the year here gg. :cool:

Associate
Looks like a really nice case.

I have 3 fractal design cases, always had the impression that they were cheaper good quality alternatives. This one is not cheap but still looks quality.

After years of wanting to change my current Corsair case, I think I've finally found one I like.

Associate
the white front becoming available is definitely a good thing

maybe once the white front and white accessories, like the PCI covers and trays are available, i'll invest in one for the missus... but for now, investing in an all white case just to have it marred by black SSD trays and PCI covers would just annoy me lol

Soldato
the white front becoming available is definitely a good thing

maybe once the white front and white accessories, like the PCI covers and trays are available, i'll invest in one for the missus... but for now, investing in an all white case just to have it marred by black SSD trays and PCI covers would just annoy me lol

Different strokes and all that. :) I actually prefer the interior of white cases in black. White on outside, black inside.

Associate
Different strokes and all that. :) I actually prefer the interior of white cases in black. White on outside, black inside.

yeah thats fair if it's a design choice... but white outside, white inside... with still black pci covers and trays? feels a bit out of place

i'll grab one when i can do a full white build for the missus... she's got a mini-ITX thermaltake white build currently... so this'll be a nice step up from that... can actually have some fun cooling that as well

Back
Top Bottom