Fractal Design Define R6

Associate
This is the first Fractal case that's actually made me want it.

I've had the Define Mini C and Nano S (smaller I know) and while they've been solid and very functional, they've never been anything more. The R6 changes that for me....

Associate
I remember Fractal posting a youtube comment on one of the vid reviews, correcting what was said by one of the reviewers - with the shroud you refer to, at the back, there is still the ability to place three SSDs or two HDDs at the bottom.
I wonder how the drives will be mounted at the bottom. The PSU shroud and the bottom of the case has no mounts.

YJZo5hk.png
XSIgpFF.jpg

Soldato
Sorry @TheGez, you're right, seems I didn't remember the comment altogether accurately:

Fractal Design Support 1 week ago
Just wanted to mention one thing that Jay forgot to mention about the new Define R6. That modular HDD plate that he removed can actually be shifted back into the case to be in line with the motherboard plate. Then on the backside of that HDD plate, you can still mount two 3.5" HDD's on it. So you wouldn't lose all 3.5" HDD support. Great review otherwise Jay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3r4bIan9Vs

So not at the bottom, but still fits two 3.5". Should be pretty easy to fit an aftermarket dual HDD cage at the bottom anyway, on top of some foam (I've done that with my own case to prevent vibration), and strap it in place, or even bungee the drives if there's holes in the right places for the cords. So one way or another, four 3.5" is doable even with the plate at the back.

Soldato
Ordered the Black version with window, not sure when the Gunmetal would be in stock and i want to get started on switching over while i'm on holiday.

Should be here tomorrow.

Associate
Just ordered R6 Tempered Glass Black.

Should be here tomorrow.

That's four fractal design cases in the house. How did that happen? :)

Soldato
I've got three just now although this is my fourth Fractal case, got 2 x 360 rads coming with it as well, RX360 at the front and EX360 for the roof.

Never had two x 360 rads in a case before so i'm looking forward to see how the temps are.

Associate
I've got three just now although this is my fourth Fractal case, got 2 x 360 rads coming with it as well, RX360 at the front and EX360 for the roof.

Never had two x 360 rads in a case before so i'm looking forward to see how the temps are.

Are you water cooling?

I'm still using AIO unit from Corsair (H100i), going to stick with it as I don't really need a custom water cooling setup.

Soldato
Case arrived today, didn't have time to get pics before the light got bad.

Just having a play about with the 360 rads and trying to think how i'm going to have the tubing runs, i'll get a better pic later.

Soldato
Can the front io cables be routed through a gap at the top somewhere? I noticed on fractal website that the cables run right beside the front fans.

Back
Top Bottom