Fractal Design Define R6

Associate
Couple still in progress. Gone from water cooling, it was just to time consuming. And i dont mind noice... ha

H4Tk7OT.jpg

H4TkRjU.jpg

H4TnWjs.jpg

why have you got the rad on the 2 front slots on the top and not the back 2 out of interest?

Associate
why have you got the rad on the 2 front slots on the top and not the back 2 out of interest?

I just felt there would be better airflow. I'm not commited to it as I'm still changing a few things. Temps are good. Obviously GPUs get a little hot under full gaming load but I'm fine with that.

Do you think I should change it?

Associate
Thanks for the help guys 1 last question have infitted my drives right screwed the 4 rubber bungsnto the hdds and ghen just slot in the groves (alternative layout)

yeh just put it down in the grooves :) the ssds on the right hand side just screw in

I just felt there would be better airflow. I'm not commited to it as I'm still changing a few things. Temps are good. Obviously GPUs get a little hot under full gaming load but I'm fine with that.

Do you think I should change it?

up to you, i was asking because i thought it might not fit on the other 2 slots or something :p

thinking of maybe buying a 2 fan or 3 fan aio and sticking it in the top as exhaust as the 6700k is getting quite hot with the corsair h60 v2 fans in push pull config (1 fan is air flow though not static pressure)

Associate
no it definitely fits! loads of space. I just felt, why not.. ambit temps are good. Just need to get new intake fans to replace the default ones.

reckon a double or triple fan rad mounted on the top as exhaust will cool my 6700k better in this case? yeh go for the corsair ml140s as intake in the front, i have the twin pack and are so much better than the stock ones, 12v full speed not loud with the door shut :D

Associate
Put it this way... im running a 7940x with a kraken 280mm AIO (at the top) and idle is about 24 and when im gaming its about 30/32... This is with both 1080ti hoovers kicking in.

I think the 7940 runs hoter then 6700 so i think youll be good!

Associate
this fan hub is weird lol
i had the 4 pin pwm ml140s on the 3 pins with only the sata power cable connected not the pwm one as well which should have been giving me full speed right? well it wasnt.
i have now connected the sata power cable AND pwm cable to the chassis fan connector on my board and left the cpu on the cpu connector and pump on aio connector plugged in both ml140s on the first 2 4 pin slots on the fan hub and they are now working properly, i have the chassis fan connector setup to cpu pwm temperature in the asus aisuite software/bios and have changed the rpm of the fans so they dont spin full speed when the cpu fan does as they are very loud!

Associate
So he fracfal fans are 3 pin right?. So if you plug the 3 pin fans into the pwm can you still control them?

I can't control any of he fans with the gigabyte auros software .It's just doing its own thing...

Associate
fractal fans are 3 pin yes which means no pwm but fractal told me the fan hub will control them by voltage like a fan controller does and should change according to the pwm fans. you will need the sata power cable connected, the pwm cable connected like how i have it or on the cpu header with the cpu plugged into the first header on the right at the bottom which sends out the rpm signal for the other fans
of you can put the chassis fan in dc mode like i can and manually change the rpm, by voltage with your software/bios

Associate
Anyone tried using the vertical GPU mount on this case? Wondering if a Asus 1080ti Strix would fit and what kind of riser cable would I need?

Soldato
Built my new system in this case yesterday, really nice case to work with, plenty of room.

One thing I don’t like though which 99% of case manufacturers do is they don’t leave enough room behind the motherboard tray for all the cables and they end up getting squashed when you put the side panel back on.

Why can’t they make it 2” thicker so the door panel doesn’t squash against the back panel.

Associate
I am thinking of upgrading to a R6 black from a Lian-Li PC-7 Plus, bought from OCUK in 2006 so really showing its age, e.g., no cut-out to access the mobo from the back, poor cabling support, poor cooling support etc. But one thing concerns me: weight. Is the R6 really 12.4 Kg? Why is it so heavy - isn't it mostly air? That is over twice the weight of my old case (5.2 Kg). Are there optional bits included in the R6 that I may not use and thus reduce the weight? Am I worrying unnecessarily?

Back
Top Bottom