• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Frame Rating: AMD Improves CrossFire with Prototype Driver

Caporegime
I was investigating this stuff years and years back before anyone was even talking about frametimes ( see a screenshot from the program I created to visualise the results http://aten-hosted.com/images/viz1.jpg this program let me compare the "real" framerate side by side with the benchmark frame output or the resulting frame output from 2 different systems side by side including hardware captured frametimes if you have the hardware ) when the whole FCAT stuff broke I was having to provide information and/or correct people on some of the basic concepts - including some people who are now accusing me above of not knowing what I'm talking about.

Despite what some people may think there is no AMD v nVidia twist to what I'm saying and while I might not have a great deal of love for AMD, tho my main gripe with them comes from software/developer support - which is something they've been making big strides to improve lately, I'm not just going to make up a whole non-existant issue or embelish the problem at a level that it doesn't exist at just to attack them out of spite.

At least AMD acknowledge and fix problems, not like Nvidia who just ignore their costumers and knock out drivers that kill GPU's ;)

Caporegime
Recent history has certainly been something of a role reversal.

yeah. personally I think they both work hard and try their best, neither one of them gets it right all the time.

But there is a clear difference, at this point it is AMD who seem far more willing to hold up their hands and admit to getting it wrong.

For me that speaks volumes.

Associate
It's interesting that the more vocal a persons support for a product the less likely they are to suffer from any of the well known issues surrounding it.

What a crazy world we live in.

Back
Top Bottom