Free Alternatives to FlashFirebug

Associate
Im looking to debug online flash applications / games etc and flash firebug is what I would like but unfortunately you have to pay for it.

Are there any free alternatives out there that people know of please?

Can be for any browser, doesn't have to be firefox

Thanks

Soldato
Tried Flashdevelop?

Adobe Scout is available on a free Adobe Creative Cloud account which is excellent for performance tuning.

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
Why not use a proper debugger? FlashDevelop is free.

Debugging with just console output....the idea makes me want to cry. If that's all you've ever done you're going to wet yourself when you start using breakpoints and stepping through code while inspecting variables!

Associate
OP
Why not use a proper debugger? FlashDevelop is free.

Debugging with just console output....the idea makes me want to cry. If that's all you've ever done you're going to wet yourself when you start using breakpoints and stepping through code while inspecting variables!

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

Could I just ask for a favour to get me started please, fairly new to this coding stuff, in terms of Flash and Actionscript anyhow.

How would you link FlashDevelop to an online flash application to start tracing etc?

Soldato
If you have the flash debug player installed, then you just need start a debug session with the appropriate run configuration and off you go.

I don't know the exact process for this in Flash Develop (using Flash Builder here), but it's standard functionality, should be pretty straightforward.

Back
Top Bottom