Free cavity and wall insulation - Scam or real?

Associate
I had a knock at the door from a 'local energy assessor' advising that I'm potentially eligible for free wall and cavity insulation, which is free.

Paid by the generous local council...and fulfilled by Mark Group. I haven't heard of the company, but looking online they do seem reputable.

My main concern is that it was a cold caller and knock at the door, they didn't have any flyers or documents to read over either, so wasn't much help in that regard. (They said they had ran out :p).

Another thing which rang alarm bells is that they said I might also be eligible for a new boiler, again free.

The person I noticed had unison branding items, looking online though this simply seems to be a union? I'm not sure who he would be working for specifically - Council? Mark Group? Third Party commission based company?

They've given me a contact number so I can call them tomorrow. I was going to give the council a call in the morning to double check the details also.

Is it worth taking them up on their offer and has anyone else experienced similar - especially in the Stoke area?

Associate
OP
Our extension has cavity wall insulation already in place, the main part of the house does not. I'll be honest, it's warm enough so I may leave the walls as they are.

I will call BG though about loft insulation.

Back
Top Bottom