Free McAfee security software for HSBC customers

Soldato
Following the move by Barclays offering free Kaspersky Internet Security to online customers, HSBC are giving away a 12 month subscription to McAfree to theirs (for PCs only):

Download free 12 month subscription to McAfee® Security Software now*

Whenever you connect to the Internet, you expose your computer to the risk of infection from viruses. They can attack websites, email attachments, or a network of computers.

We've teamed up with McAfee® to offer all our Personal Internet Banking customers access to free Security software for 12 months.

We are continually reviewing and enhancing the security we offer you as part of our Internet Banking service, and it's also very important that you, as an internet user, take the appropriate steps to help protect yourself. McAfee® Security helps to protect your PC and your information against internet fraud and intrusion from hackers.

To download your free security software you will need to Register or Log on to Personal Internet Banking and select the 'Free McAfee® Security download' link.

*McAfee software download is only available to PC users.

https://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/security/antivirus-software

Enjoy your freebies!!
:)
JM

Associate
Pointless IMO

All it does is cover HSBCs rear end.

Those without security measures lack the knowledge or motivation to employ and maintain them properly. Those with them already have better than Mcaffee.

Man of Honour
:eek: you need an anti virus. spybot is for spyware and doesnt offer realtime protection. you should also uninstall spybot and install windows defender

I have Avira installed for my virus needs. I've used Spybot since my XP days and as such still have faith in it. However, if I'm able to get a years' worth of Kaspersky for free I'm wondering whether to take it or not.

Last edited:
Associate
:eek: you need an anti virus. spybot is for spyware and doesnt offer realtime protection. you should also uninstall spybot and install windows defender

Spybot offers realtime protection of spyware vectors, like registry changes, new startup programs etc.

It's a good idea to have a dedicated AV program, and a dedicated anti-spyware one, if your thinking is along the lines of jack of al ltrades master of none.

I tend to have 2 anti-spyware programs installed as they don't always pick up the same things. So you could have WD and Spybot side by side. And some anti-rootkit software too.

Soldato
Yuck!.. I'll not let any of that crap near my PC!... Avast Pro (yes I did pay for it!!, but for the price of 12 months McAffee I got a lifetime Subscription/Licence) on my main Download rig, Avast Home on all my others!!..

No problems!!...

Back
Top Bottom