1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free program to turn PDF into flipping pages?

Discussion in 'HTML, Graphics & Programming' started by Draeger, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Draeger

Capodecina

I've put together a PDF evaluation report for a course I've been running at work. It's worked out fine (used Canva to draft it up) and I'd like to now turn it into a PDF which flips pages. I'd also like to embed a YouTube video clip. That's about all I need it to do, nothing fancy. All of the ones I've tried so far are limited versions of a full price product or leave a watermark on the pages unless you pay to upgrade.

Before I go ahead and pick a decent one to purchase is there a free version anywhere which will do the basics without watermarks being applied etc?

Cheers.

2. billysielu

Sgarrista

I don't see this working out. PDF isn't a good format for dynamic content.

3. touch

Capodecina

I doubt you'll find any free software you can legally use. Most will exclude commercial use in their free licence. If you're running a course at work (even if it's internal for employees of your company only) it counts as commercial use.

4. Hades

Capodecina

A quick Google suggests that it is possible to embed video and YouTube in a PDF (that surprised me quite a bit). I would take a look at some of the free alternatives for PDF editing and see whether they support what you need

Inkscape
    LibreOffice Draw
    Qoppa PDF Studio (Linux only)

5. antijoke

Caporegime

6. Ginger-Menace

Wise Guy

7. Draeger

Capodecina

Cheers guys, will have a look at those.