Freelance Website for photoshop type work?

Soldato
I'm looking to get some pictures touched up as they got damaged, i've looked on PPH but that seems to be more geared at design based work rather than what i'm after.

Does anyone know of any alternative freelance type websites?

The pictures in question are of a canvas which people wrote messages on, however the canvas has got damaged. I'm looking to get a new image created piecing together the canvas to get re-printed for my wife as an anniversary gift.

Cheers

Soldato
First thing I would do is repair the damage on the canvas itself.

Lie the canvas face down on a table or hard flat surface, push the rips together and duct tape them. This will make it far easier on repairing the images in photoshop.

It's then a case of providing a hi-res photos of each area, stitching it together and repairing the torn pieces in PS. It's not an overly difficult job, just time consuming to make it look good. The worst place is going to be the "loads of love" part just above the photo because it's a 3 way cut, but again, duct tape the back and pull it together and it'll be much simpler.

Soldato
OP
Thats a good idea actually fella. I'll try and get it on Thursday so i can then do that. Worse case scenario is that that part just gets made blank to make it easier. Whats one message!

With regards to getting someone to do it, do you think PPH is the best option? I've tried photoshop in the past and i'm not good at all with it.

Soldato
Thats a good idea actually fella. I'll try and get it on Thursday so i can then do that. Worse case scenario is that that part just gets made blank to make it easier. Whats one message!

With regards to getting someone to do it, do you think PPH is the best option? I've tried photoshop in the past and i'm not good at all with it.

If you can do the above and see what it's like, we can look at photoshopping something together afterwards if it's needed :)

PPH should be fine for that type of work, just depends what is needed. You do get a lot of retouchers/photo editing on there, Used to do it myself until the guy had a hissy fit when I double my prices, went to some foreign guy then came crawling back as the money was right but the quality wasn't

You might find that once it's taped over, if you've done a good enough job you might get away with a matching colour sharpie ;)

Soldato
OP
You might find that once it's taped over, if you've done a good enough job you might get away with a matching colour sharpie ;)

Well my mum forgot to bring the canvas with her when we mt up yesterday so i asked her to have a go at taping it back up. It's not the best of jobs, in fact doesnt look much different to without the tape!

http://imgur.com/WkxVVv0

http://imgur.com/n3eLT7F

http://imgur.com/DOjcYSd

Do you think people could do anything with that and have it look ok? I've had a few responses on PPH who suggest they can. At oddly varying prices!

Back
Top Bottom