Freely TV

Soldato
Interesting. I don't get why it's not an app rather than having to be accessed through the "TV's interface" (whatever that means).
It is baked into the TV EPG, by default, the TV will show channels over IP instead of aerial.

You will be surprised the number of people who buy a TV, connect to WiFi and say "why no channels".

Personally, we have no aerial in the house.

Associate
I like the idea of more channels and more HD (or even 4K) channels, but the lack of recording and the fact that it’s only available built into TVs make it a non-starter for me, as I watch TV on a projector and record everything I watch rather than watching live (and have done since I first got TiVo in about 1999/2000.

If someone releases a standalone PVR type box for it though I’d be interested (especially if it was a TiVo based box now that Virgin Media are dropping their TiVo boxes). If that doesn’t happen then can at least hope some enterprising individual releases some software to allow recording of it.

Soldato
No option to skip adverts which I suppose is the whole point from the broadcasters point of view.

no chance, ITV even try to charge you £5.99 a month now to access some of the content and call it "premium"

i expect many of the other "free" TV will go like this in the future. The only free stuff will be rubbish old stuff.

Back
Top Bottom