Freesync Not Supported?! Also Audio problem?!

Associate
Recently purchased a AOC G2260VWQ6 set up was fine apart from the audio through the monitor itself doesnt work? It comes with an audio jack and says it has speakers however i cant quite figure out how to operate them. I initially thought connecting the monitor through hdmi would automatically generate sound however thats not the case or im missing something lol. Anyways onto the freesync and a few weeks down the line. It was operative at first and i could turn it on and off in the AMD settings. However having just checked again a few weeks laters it says Not Supported. I have no idea how to fix any of these problems so any help would be muchly appreciated. Thanks.

Soldato
I think Freesync is only available via Display Port only? Theres a piece of software downloadable from AMD somewhere or other a Windmill spinning Freesync test.

How are you plugging it into the monitor? HDMI should support audio (AMD cards support it via DVI port too)

Associate
OP
I think Freesync is only available via Display Port only? Theres a piece of software downloadable from AMD somewhere or other a Windmill spinning Freesync test.

How are you plugging it into the monitor? HDMI should support audio (AMD cards support it via DVI port too)

If you have a soundcard or onboard sound, you may need to right click your volume icon>Playback devices and change the default sound device.

X1TTuJ9.png

Thanks for the replies! That could be why its coming up unsupported now, i initially set it up with the DVI and still had no sound then switched to HDMI from then on. Ill try it in the morning and check if it pops back up! Ill also check the sound settings to. Like i say i initially started with DVI and audio jack, had no sound so switched to HDMI as people said it should automatically play sound through it or something? Im not the best in terms of PCs and Monitors as it is so i could just be missing something simple! But i will check them in the morning and thank you!

Associate
OP
If you have a soundcard or onboard sound, you may need to right click your volume icon>Playback devices and change the default sound device.

X1TTuJ9.png

Ive set my monitor as my default playback device is this correct? Im playing a song and the green levels are displaying asif there is sound but still nothing through the monitor. Im sure nothings muted and only the HDMI connection plugged in.

Soldato
You need to connect to the monitor using a display port cable to have both freesync and audio.

If you just want audio you have to right click on the benqBL3200 you have in the picture above and make if the default audio device. The green tick that is beside the speakers should be beside the BENBL3200. The computer plays audio through the device with the green tick beside it

Associate
OP
That was my screenshot as an example.

@andeyknox, are you sure it has speakers?

http://aoc-europe.com/en/products/pdf/g2260vwq6?domain=aoc-europe.com

There is mention of a headphone out... :p

Honestly i guess i just presumed with it coming with an audio jack and it having volume buttons on the monitor :(

http://imgur.com/a/cRw6K

These are the connections, the white looking one is actually light green and the monitor itself came with a light green audio jack? im guessing the black one is the headphone? As you can see with the other images it displays asif sounds playing but nothings actually coming out? Bearing in mind only the HDMI is plugged it nothing else, im not sure if i need the audio jack in with the hdmi? but people tell me hdmi should support sound? anyways thanks for everything thus far! :)

Soldato
The icons for the two 3.5mm jacks in the picture you've posted are for "line in" (the arrow pointing into the middle of the brackets) and headphones. Looks like your monitor allows sound from a 3.5mm cable input or the HDMI to go to headphones, but doesn't have any speakers actually built in.

Associate
OP
The icons for the two 3.5mm jacks in the picture you've posted are for "line in" (the arrow pointing into the middle of the brackets) and headphones. Looks like your monitor allows sound from a 3.5mm cable input or the HDMI to go to headphones, but doesn't have any speakers actually built in.

Ah bummer :( thanks for the clarification anyways! Apologies on my behalf for just presuming it had built in speakers. Guess ill just have to buy some instead :p

Back
Top Bottom