French Open Tennis 2018

Caporegime
Nadal vs Del Potro about to start.

Two completely different styles of tennis but I love them both and don't really care who wins.

Edit: Great start for Del Potro, break point on both of Nadal's service games but he's limping after stretching too far :(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Halep in to her 3rd final....about time she bloody won one. :p

4th Grand Slam Final if you count Australia as well. I would like to see her win this though and she sounds like she's got a bit of perspective about these things when she said something like "I've lost the previous three but no one died...".

Bit of a shame for Del Potro but it was always likely to be a tough ask against Nadal even though at a few points in this tournament Nadal has looked a bit more vulnerable than he has in most of his other French Open campaigns.

Man of Honour
Don't count her out just yet, she seems to have picked up a bit in this second set or maybe it's that Stephens has dipped but either way it's making for some exciting tennis. Stephens came out really strongly in the first set but she was helped by Halep putting everything down the middle so she barely had to move.

Soldato
Just stumbled across the women's final - don't follow tennis much but how biased is the ITV commentator!?!?! Every time Helep wins a point she sounds like she is jumping off her seat!

Decent game tho!

*edit* can't watch any more with Halep's echoing grunts that last longer than most of the points!

Last edited:
Soldato
Just stumbled across the women's final - don't follow tennis much but how biased is the ITV commentator!?!?! Every time Helep wins a point she sounds like she is jumping off her seat!

Decent game tho!

*edit* can't watch any more with Halep's echoing grunts that last longer than most of the points!

Indeed it's really unnecessary, whoever is doing it. People complain about some of the women doing it, mainly Sharapova and Azarenka, but Nadal does his fair share of grunting and no one says anything. Maybe it's OK if you're one of the best players and a man. ;)

I just press the mute button, no more grunting, no more crappy commentary. :p

Speaking of Nadal, I must be one of the few who don't like watching him play. I don't like his style of play. Federer makes the game look so effortless and he doesn't grunt like he's busting a gut.

Back
Top Bottom