Fresh start

Associate
What's going on everyone?

I'm in need of a little... direction, so what better way than to ask a bunch of strangers on the internet?

I'm 26, live with my parents. Graduated in Criminal Justice 4 years ago, 2:1 - had a decent graduate job in Criminal Investigation but decided it wasn't for me.

Went travelling for 2 years with the money I'd saved up for a deposit for a mortgage - and got back a month ago (I have worked while abroad).

I have a job now, with the NHS admin on a zero hours with a decent level of responsibility (worked here during Uni etc).

/

However, I'm 27 in a few months and my parents are getting on. I'm torn between doing the CELTA thing and spending 3-4 years abroad (probably SA) and then coming back at 32 and being in a similar position...

My other alternative is to get a job in the UK, start building towards pension and mortgage etc.

However I have no idea what I want to go in to.

So yeah, I'm flexible, fit, active, attentive, presentable, positive and (apologies if this sounds conceited) a bloody good worker. I'm relatively bright and I'm just looking for a good employer that I can start to build a good career with (pension and build my way up).

I don't have a particularly lavish lifestyle, I am willing to move anywhere within the UK (although would prefer a City and the closer to Brum the better).

The problem is: I have no idea what I want to do! I'm one of those 90s kids who did a degree that sounded cool rather than something he actually wanted to work in, now I have no real obvious career path!

I've decided I'd be better away from sitting on my backside all day: I've thought about being a prison officer (everyone with experience warns me away from it), Fire Service is the dream but they're never employing. Paramedic would be cool, but again without the right qualifications incredibly difficult to get in to (applied 4 times with a very similar application and only got to one open day)

Has anyone here been in this position? Some advice would be great.

Pablo.

Back
Top Bottom