Fridge / Freezer Problems

Associate
Hi, I have a Hotpoint Fridge / Freezer, Iced Diamond , Model FFAA52, have had a problem with this unit in our utlility room, we started getting the RCD for that utility circuit tripping and when checking everything on the circuit the only problem we found was the Fridge section was freezing the drinks solid , icing them up, the freezer section is working but does not seem to be working as well as it used to, I unplugged the Fridge / Freezer and plugged it into the Garage circuit thinking if it was the fridge freezer it would would trip the garage RCD but it has kept going?? With the fridge section icing up (we did turn the stat down but made no difference)
I thought that if the fridge part of the unit was faulty it could be the thermostat thats faulty, when I got the front top cover off I found the stat was built in to a pcb connecting all the wires together, The fridge light was not working, Its a filament type 240 volt, done a continuity test on the bulb and it failed, the voltage at the Brown and Black wires to the lamp was showing 13.2 volts AC, pressing the doorswitch made no difference to the voltage on the multimeter, I am wondering if thePCB is faulty? Not had any more rcd's tripping with the Fridge / freezer back in the utility circuit, has anyone had issues with this type of fridge?

Back
Top Bottom