Friends pc acting very strange

Soldato
Hey everyone, as per the title i need some advice, around 18 months ago i helped a friend build a pretty high end system, but after troubleshooting and multiple component swaps, the same issue persists, original spec below

ryzen 7 7800x3d
rog strix lc II 240mm argb aio
corsair vengence ddr5 6000mhz cl36 (2x16gb kit)
asus strix x670-f wifi motherboard
asus strix aura 1000w atx 3.1 psu
asus strix 4090 gpu
samsung 980 pro 500gb m.2
samsung 870 evo 2tb ssd
asus rog strix helios case

No matter what i did to help, the original spec above would never boot up properly, always getting stuck on post codes, not just one but many each time the system was switched on, code 46,47,70 seemed to be the most that occoured, expo was also a major issue, any setting above 4800mhz would make the pc stop on code 46 mostly, but then it would pass and then get stuck on code 70, after 5-10m it would get to windows but expo was off and ram was running at 4800mhz,

The following parts were bought again to rule out hardware issues.

2x 7800x3d's (tested on the strix mobo)
ryzen 9 7900x (only been used on the hero)
corsair dominator plat 6000mhz dr5 32gb kit cl36 (only been used on the hero)
asus x670e hero motherboard
asus strix 4090 OC gpu ((rma replacment)(only been used on the hero)
rog strix lc II 360mm argb aio (replaced the 240mm aio)

But after all of this the pc is playing up like mad, expo is still a issue even with the new kit of dominator ram and the replacment motherboard and gpu, we tried the new dominators ram in slots 1/2 - 3/4 - 2/4 - 1/3 but still the problems with expo persisted even on the new motherboard.
His old strix was updated bios wise but still the problems persisted even with diffrent cpus and the ram, the new hero is updated to bios version 1709 but its basically the same as the old setup.

The only thing that hasnt been changed is the 1000w psu, there is a 1300w on standby, as it will be the last bit to change.

Recently my friend has been experenceing very bad micro stutter in most games to the point it becomes unplayable, i have gone trough hwinfo64 logs and temps and voltages all look ok, cpu is running hot but just in spec (7900x)

Any help is greatly appricated, i've almost exausted my options i could use some help.

Soldato
Does the system run fine at JDEC default memory speed?

Just something to check that you could have maybe overlooked you are putting the RAM in the primary slots? Often slots 2+4 these days

Soldato
OP
Does the system run fine at JDEC default memory speed?

Just something to check that you could have maybe overlooked you are putting the RAM in the primary slots? Often slots 2+4 these days

not really sometimes it will boot up fine other times it takes 5-10 reboots even at 4800mhz, having the ram in any slot config yelids the same boot issues regardless of speed or expo settings.

Back
Top Bottom